- Brendan McDermid/Reuters
Welcome to Crypto Insider, Business Insider’s roundup of all the bitcoin and cryptocurrency news you need to know today. Sign up here to get this email delivered direct to your inbox .
Rapper 50 Cent says he accepted bitcoin as payment for his 2014 album “Animal Ambition.” The 700 bitcoin he reportedly raked in are now worth between $7 million and $8.5 million, and he hasn’t offloaded his stake yet.
Here’s the full rundown of cryptocurrencies as of Wednesday morning:
- Bitcoin (BTC): $11,034 (+1.8%)
- Ethereum (ETH): $1,018 (+3.6%)
- Ripple (XRP): $1.33 (+0.01%)
- Bitcoin Cash (BCC): $1,602 (-0.4%)
- Litecoin (LTC): $177 (-0.3%)
- Ripple announced today it has signed two new financial services firms onto its clearing and settlement product.
- $9 billion startup Stripe drops bitcoin support because it doesn’t make sense as a means of payment.
- ‘Mrs. Watanabe’ is back: How the archetypal Japanese housewife is fueling the bitcoin craze.
- Millennials are flocking to cryptocurrency and cannabis stocks, TD Ameritrade CEO Tim Hockey said in an interview.
- South Korea says it will ban anonymous cryptocurrency accounts used for financial transactions in order to boost transparency.
- China’s cryptocurrency crackdown cost bitcoin company BTCC tens of millions in revenue: ‘It was in the realm of our worst possibility’