Welcome to Crypto Insider, Business Insider’s roundup of all the bitcoin and cryptocurrency news you need to know today. Sign up here to get this email delivered direct to your inbox .
Katy Perry is on the bitcoin bandwagon. The singer posted a photo to instagram sporting cryptocurrency-themed nail polish.
Here’s how the prices stand Thursday morning:
- Bitcoin (BTC): $11,043 (-0.9%)
- Ethereum (ETH): $1,050 (+0.5%)
- Ripple (XRP): $1.22 (-6.1%)
- Bitcoin Cash (BCC): $1,606 (-1.4%)
- Litecoin (LTC): $176 (-1.6%)
- About $400 million worth of cryptocurrency has vanished from a Japanese exchange and no one is sure exactly what happened.
- Starbucks’ Schultz: ‘I don’t believe that bitcoin is going to be a currency today or in the future’
- China’s bitcoin crackdown has simply driven trade underground.
- The president of the New York Stock Exchange pours cold water on a bitcoin ETF.
- Finally, Silicon Valley VCs are reportedly lining up to invest in Telegram, the messaging app beloved by crypto traders and criticised by Theresa May.