- Business Insider
Do you ever think about the language used in job postings like these and wonder how it affects who applies and, ultimately, the kinds of people the company hires?
Do you want to know everything there is to know about particular jobs and industries and unearth lesser-known insights from the people working them that we could all benefit from knowing?
We’re looking for someone who is insatiably curious about the intricacies of interesting careers and industries; jobs that are perfectly tailored to people’s particular abilities, experience, or needs; workplace issues and trends like paid parental leave and pay equity; and strategies for getting ahead in your career.
As a Careers reporter, you will spend your time researching, pitching, writing, and producing stories. Candidates should be comfortable writing quick, aggregated stories that high light the most interesting angles of the day’s news, while simultaneously working on reported medium-length and long-form featur es.
Ideal candidates will have:
- Insatiable curiosity about everything job-, work-, and career-related
- A strong voice and the ability to write with authority
- An ability to package information in a fresh and original way
- An understanding of digital media and how readers consume news on the web
- At least a Bachelor’s degree, journalism degree and/or background preferred
- Previous writing experience
- Knowledge of SEO best practices
- Copy-editing skills, light HTML and Photoshop experience, and knowledge of social media are also useful
APPLY HEREwith your resume and cover letter telling us why this is your ideal job.
This job is full-time and based in our New York City headquarters. Business Insider offers competitive compensation packages complete with benefits.