Hello! Here’s what’s happening on Monday.
2. Hundreds of thousands of protesters gathered for Women’s March events across the world. It has been a year since millions gathered for the 2017 Women’s March.
3. US President Donald Trump asked South Korea to thank him for progress with the North. A new report by the Washington Post claims President Moon Jae-in was asked to say Trump helped spur inter-Korean talks.
4. The UK’s minister for the cabinet said the UK may decide to rejoin the EU. David Lidington said the option stands for future generations to rejoin the EU in a new alliance.
6. Spain will seek the arrest of deposed Catalan President Carles Puigdemont. Puigdemont fled to Belgium last year and is scheduled to host a debate in Denmark on Monday.
7. Chinese state media blamed the US for future deployments in the South China Sea. China vowed to take “necessary measures” last week after a US warship entered disputed waters.
8. Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas will ask the EU to create an alternative peace plan. Abbas is scheduled to speak to European Union member countries on Monday.
9. Saudi Arabia announced $1.5 billion in aid to Yemen. Last week, Saudi Arabia gave Yemen $2 billion to strengthen its economy.
10. Greeks are demanding Macedonia change its name. Tens of thousands of protestors want the Republic of Macedonia to no longer use the same name as a Greek province.