- Shutterstock/Kulit Na Nakorn
Kobe beef is one of the trendiest meats in the restaurant industry – and the vast majority of America has never had a bite.
Houston’s B&B Butchers & Restaurant just became only the ninth restaurant in the country to serve real Kobe beef.
While restaurants across the US offer menu items like the Cheesecake Factory’s “Kobe burgers” and pricey “Kobe steaks,” almost all of these claims are false. Only eight other restaurants in the entire US serve real Kobe beef, according to an investigation by Inside Edition.
Many restaurants have started using the term “Kobe” to mean any pricey beef. However, it is in fact a highly acclaimed type of wagyu beef raised in a specific region of Japan.
Here are the nine places in the US that you can actually get Kobe beef – not a knock-off:
1. 212 Steakhouse Restaurant — New York City, New York
2. Alexander’s Steakhouse — Cupertino, California
- Alexander’s Steakhouse
3. Alexander’s Steakhouse — San Francisco, California
4. Bazaar Meat by José Andrés, SLS Hotel — Las Vegas, Nevada
5. Jean Georges Steakhouse, Aria Resort and Casino — Las Vegas, Nevada
6. Nick & Sam’s — Dallas, Texas
- Nick & Sam’s Steakhouse
7. SW Steakhouse, Wynn Las Vegas — Las Vegas, Nevada
The Ultimate Steak Dinner ???? . . . . . #sw #swsteakhouse #lasvegas #wynn #filetmignon #steak #doublecut #peppercrusted #chateaubriand #fashionblogger #foodstagram #foodie #foodporn #instafood #nomnom #blogger #foodblogger #foodphotography #먹방 #맛집 #냠냠 #먹스타그램 #맛스타그램 #음식스타그램 #fourthofjuly #happyfourth #latepost
8. Teppanyaki Ginza Onodera — Honolulu, Hawaii
9. B&B Butchers & Restaurant — Houston, Texas
Marvel at that marble ???????????? @bbbutchers is now one of only nine restaurants in the United States certified by the Kobe Beef Association of Japan to carry official A5 Kobe. Kobe beef is renowned for its superior flavor, tenderness, and high intramuscular fat. It’s often regarded as the best beef in the world, and once upon a time you could only get it in Kobe, Japan. It runs at $220/4 oz, and is a foodie experience of a lifetime! – ???? by @isabelissimaa ???? at @bbbutchers #myfab5 #Bbbutchers #Kobe #kobebeef #japanese #steak #beef