- Ariana Grande shared a now-deleted video on Instagram of herself performing “Breathin'” in Europe as part of her Sweetener World Tour.
- After a critic accused the singer of using autotune and not singing live, Grande responded.
- “Naw with all due respect, I could do this in your living room for you, fam,” she commented. “With no sound mixing or help at all.”
- She added: “I sing 30+ songs a night. Every word. it’s my thing. let me shine like damn.”
- Visit Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Ariana Grande masterfully shut down a critical person who accused her of using autotune at a recent concert.
The 26-year-old singer, who’s currently performing in Europe as part of her Sweetener World Tour, shared a short, now-deleted video of herself performing “Breathin.'” She didn’t mince words after an Instagram user commented and said that she’s “a great singer,” but the rendition didn’t appear to be live.
“Naw with all due respect, I could do this in your living room for you, fam,” Grande wrote in response. “With no sound mixing or help at all.”
“I could do it on broadway (and did),” she added, referring to her early start in the entertainment industry as part of the Broadway play “13.”
“I can do it in the shower. in the car. it’s my gift / it’s why i’m here,” the “Thank U, Next” singer continued. “I sing 30+ songs a night. Every word. it’s my thing. let me shine like damn.”
You can see the full interaction, which was captured by @commentsbycelebs, below.
It’s clear Grande is quite vocally talented. She rose to fame for her role as Cat Valentine on Nickelodeon’s “Victorious” and showcased her musical skills to an extent on the sitcom. The singer began showing off her full vocal abilities and four-octave range (which often draws comparisons to Mariah Carey’s five-octave range) when she pursued her solo career. In addition to sharing a cover of Carey’s “Emotions,” Grande has also posted a raw video of herself singing “Dangerous Woman” (from her 2016 album of the same name) a capella, with no accompaniment.
- Read more about Ariana Grande:
- Katy Perry says Ariana Grande secretly paid for her and fiancé Orlando Bloom’s meal: ‘That’s such a boss move’
- Ariana Grande shoots heart-shaped lasers out of her boobs in the video for her latest single, ‘Boyfriend’
- See how Ariana Grande created the trippy visuals in her newest music video with look-alike backup dancers and green screen technology