- The “Avengers: Endgame” stars Sebastian Stan and Gwyneth Paltrow were both in attendance at the Valentino Haute Couture show in France on Wednesday as part of Paris Fashion Week.
- Stan posted a photo of himself with Paltrow, the Valentino creator Valentino Garavani, the Valentino cofounder Giancarlo Giammetti, and the designer Pierpaolo Piccioli and called out the actress for forgetting they worked together.
- “Glad I got to reintroduce myself to @gwynethpaltrow for the third time. We are in the same film…[shrugging emoji],” Stan wrote in his Instagram caption.
- Paltrow had been overheard asking who Stan was at the “Avengers: Infinity War” premiere. She also forgot that she was in “Spider-Man: Homecoming.”
- Visit INSIDER’s homepage for more stories.
Stan shared a photo on Instagram that included himself, Paltrow, the Valentino creator Valentino Garavani, the Valentino cofounder Giancarlo Giammetti, and the designer Pierpaolo Piccioli at the Valentino Haute Couture show in Paris on Wednesday for Paris Fashion Week.
In his caption, the actor, who’s known for his role as Bucky Barnes in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, said that he had to “reintroduce” himself to Paltrow at Paris Fashion Week, despite appearing in multiple movies together.
“Just barely managed to photobomb the great @pppiccioli and legend @realmrvalentino here… Thank you both for inviting me to my first couture show in [France flag emoji]. Also glad I got to reintroduce myself to @gwynethpaltrow for the third time. We are in the same film…[shrugging emoji],” Stan wrote.
You can see the photo, which was taken by Max Montingelli, below.
View this post on Instagram
Just barely managed to photobomb the great @pppiccioli and legend @realmrvalentino here… Thank you both for inviting me to my first couture show in ????????????????????. Also glad I got to reintroduce myself to @gwynethpaltrow for the third time. We are in the same film…????????♂️ #valentino #couture ????: @maxmontingelli
Stan made his MCU debut in 2011’s “Captain America: The First Avenger,” while Paltrow has been part of the franchise as Pepper Potts since 2008’s “Iron Man.” Since then, both stars appeared in “Avengers: Infinity War” and “Avengers: Endgame.” Their characters haven’t crossed paths too much in the blockbuster movies, but both were present during the big battle against Thanos and the funeral scene at the end of “Endgame.”
A representative for Paltrow didn’t immediately respond to INSIDER’s request for comment on Stan’s post.
This also isn’t the first time the Goop creator forgot who Stan was. At the Los Angeles premiere of “Infinity War” in April 2018, Paltrow was heard asking her costar Chris Pratt who the actor was during a livestream.
After Pratt explained that Stan portrayed the Winter Soldier, Paltrow said, “Oh, OK.”
GWENYTH PALTROW REALLY ASKED HER PUBLICIST WHO SEBASTIAN STAN WAS RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE INFINITY WAR PREMIERE JDKDKSJDJD PLEASE HELP ME pic.twitter.com/VXPu93rbNp
— A (@fierysadness) June 7, 2019
Paltrow was also reminded that she was in the 2017 movie “Spider-Man: Homecoming,” which she forgot. The actress appeared on the first episode of “The Chef Show,” a Netflix series from the actor and director Jon Favreau and the chef Roy Choi.
While cooking, Favreau, who portrays Happy Hogan in the MCU, said he started filming the food show while he and Paltrow were filming the standalone Spider-Man movie in Atlanta.
Paltrow responded that she was in “Avengers” and insisted that they didn’t appear in the 2017 movie.
Favreau went on to remind his costar that their characters appeared at the end of the movie when Tony Stark offered Peter Parker a new suit and a spot in the Avengers (which he turned down). Afterward, Tony spoke during a press conference and proposed to Pepper.
In a recent round of trivia with PopSugar, Tom Holland, who plays Parker, reacted to Paltrow forgetting about her part in “Homecoming,” saying, “Still to this day breaks my heart.”
- Read more about Stan and Paltrow
- Sebastian Stan thought that one of the most heartbreaking scenes in ‘Avengers: Endgame’ was a wedding
- Tom Holland reacts to Gwyneth Paltrow completely forgetting that she was in ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’: ‘Still to this day breaks my heart’
- Andy Cohen says he tried to set up Priyanka Chopra and Sebastian Stan, but she was already secretly dating Nick Jonas