- Marvel’s latest trailer for “Avengers: Endgame” shows Black Widow (played by Scarlett Johansson) with a variety of hairstyles.
- The change from her blonde bob to longer, reddish hair might indicate we’ll see a forward time jump in the coming movie.
- It’s even possible we’ll see the Avengers travel backwards in time while on their mission to undo the wipe out of 50% of all living things in the universe.
Black Widow’s hairstyles have been in constant flux over the course of Marvel’s series of movies. In “Avengers: Infinity War,” Black Widow (aka Natasha Romanoff) ditched the signature red for a short, blonde bob as a way to stay undercover.
But now the newest “Avengers: Endgame” trailer shows Black Widow with longer locks and her natural red hue. This could be a clear signal that the coming movie will take place over a longer period of time than previously assumed.
Warning: Minor spoilers ahead for “Captain Marvel.”
Black Widow’s scenes with short blonde hair take place in the immediate aftermath of “Infinity War”
The first post-credits scene in “Captain Marvel” showed Black Widow along with Captain America, Rhodey, and Bruce Banner. They seem to be assessing the massive number of people Thanos snapped out of existence, and then Captain Marvel shows up.
Black Widow still has her short blonde bob in that “Captain Marvel” post-credits scene. That hairstyle also shows up in the “Avengers: Endgame” trailer when Captain Marvel meets Thor for the first time.
So we can assume those two scenes happen pretty early on in “Endgame.”
Then her hair gets longer and the natural red grows in
Throughout the “Endgame” trailer, Black Widow’s hair changes about five times. The first and most notable new look shows her with longer red hair and blonde tips. This is seen within the first minute of the new trailer, when we hear Captain America speaking.
“I keep telling everybody they should move on,” Captain America says.
“Some do, but not us,” he continues.
The trailer cuts to Black Widow sitting across from Cap, indicating he is speaking to her.
Since Black Widow’s hair seems to have had time to grow naturally, this seems to signal a long stretch of time between the end of “Infinity War” and the point in “Endgame” when the Avengers manage to rally a plan.
Black Widow’s red locks are present for the shot when it looks like the remaining Avengers (including Nebula and Tony Stark, safely back on Earth) are suited up and heading out for a fight.
Black Widow’s shifting hairstyles could also be a sign of time travel
We know it’s possible “Avengers: Endgame” will involve some level of time-travel, perhaps as our surviving heroes try to figure out a way to go back to prevent Thanos from ever acquiring all of the infinity stones.
Regardless of timeline trickery, the new trailer definitively tells us Black Widow’s cropped blonde look was only ever a temporary tactic for staying undercover. It looks like the real Natasha Romanoff is coming for Thanos, along with the remaining Avengers who will do “whatever it takes” to defeat Thanos and bring back the dusted dead.
- Read more:
- Watch the newest ‘Avengers: Endgame’ trailer here
- The new ‘Avengers: Endgame’ trailer hints that Hawkeye suffered a huge loss in ‘Infinity War’
- ‘Avengers’ fans are freaking out over Thor’s first impression of Captain Marvel in the new ‘Endgame’ trailer
- ‘Captain Marvel’ has 2 end-credits scenes – here’s what they mean for ‘Avengers: Endgame’