- Chris Allerton, Samir Hussein/WireImage/Getty Images
- The Duke and Duchess of Sussex just shared a never-before-seen photo of baby Archie with his “Grandpa” Prince Charles.
- To celebrate the Prince of Wales’ 71st birthday on Thursday, Meghan Markle and Prince Harry posted a new picture along with a sweet caption on Instagram.
- “Happy birthday to His Royal Highness The Prince of Wales – Sir, Pa, Grandpa!” the post reads.
- The photo of Charles, Harry, and Archie was taken at the baby’s christening in July.
- The royal family had previously only released two official photos to mark the ceremony.
- Visit Insider’s homepage for more stories.
To celebrate Prince Charles’ 71st birthday, the Sussex Royal Instagram account shared a rare picture of Charles, Harry, and Archie, taken at his christening ceremony in July.
“Happy birthday to His Royal Highness The Prince of Wales – Sir, Pa, Grandpa!” the caption reads.
They weren’t the only royals to wish the prince a happy birthday, as Prince William and Kate Middleton also shared a sweet tribute on Instagram.
The Kensington Royal account shared a range of photos, including one of Charles with Middleton and Prince Louis, and one of Charles with his sons William and Harry.
Click the arrows below to scroll through the images.
However, Harry and Markle’s photo is especially significant as the royal family had previously only released 2 official photos to mark Archie’s christening.
At the time of these photos being taken, the couple had only ever shown the newborn sparingly, often posting photos which concealed most of his face.
- Chris Allerton/ Getty Images
Since then, the family have embarked on their first royal tour of Africa. Archie took part in his first official royal engagement during the visit, as Markle and Harry took him to meet Archbishop Desmond Tutu in South Africa.
It may be a while before royal fans are treated to more photos of Archie and his dad’s side of the family, as Buckingham Palace just announced the duke and duchess plan to spend Christmas with Doria Ragland in LA.
“Having spent the last two Christmases at Sandringham, Their Royal Highnesses will spend the holiday this year, as a new family, with the Duchess’ mother Doria Ragland,” a palace spokesperson confirmed.
“This decision is in line with precedent set previously by other members of the Royal Family, and has the support of Her Majesty The Queen.”