- Puri Garden
- A hotel in Bali offers bi-weekly “puppy therapy” sessions.
- Puri Garden Hotel and Hostel in Ubud created the initiative to help travellers de-stress.
- Having teamed up with local charity, Bali Dog Association, the hotel allows guests to play with adorable rescue pups while chilling by the pool.
- There’s also free yoga and breakfast, and prices start from just $22 a night.
- Visit INSIDER’s homepage for more stories.
When it comes to de-stressing what would be your dream set-up? Heading to the tropical paradise of Bali and spending your days sunbathing by the pool, having massages, doing yoga, and playing with puppies perhaps?
Well it turns out, there’s a way to make that dream a reality – and it’s surprisingly affordable too.
Puri Garden Hotel and Hostel in Ubud, Bali, offers guests free “puppy therapy” sessions twice a week.
The adorable pups are brought in by the Bali Dog Association, a charity working to end the unnecessary suffering of street dogs on the Indonesian island.
From 1.30 P.M to 3.30 P.M. every Tuesday and Thursday, the charity sets up a small enclosed area by the pool at Puri Garden, where guests can sit and play with the rescue puppies.
The idea is that the playtime will help people relax and de-stress, and indeed, studies have shown that spending time with dogs really does help lower stress levels.
If that wasn’t enough, Puri Garden also offers free daily yoga classes to help travellers find their zen.
A free breakfast is also included in the rates, which start from 310,000 Indonesian Rupiah ($21.95) for a bed in a dorm, and go up to 980,000 RP ($69) for a more luxurious private twin or double room with an ensuite bathroom.
Guests have raved about the hotel and hostel on review site HostelWorld, with many praising the food quality and extra activities on offer, such as BBQs, traditional Balinese dance performances, and movie nights.
The highly Instagrammable hostel has been rated “superb,” and we’ve got a feeling the puppies might have something to do with that.