- REUTERS/Alessandro Garofalo
Welcome to Crypto Insider, Business Insider’s roundup of all the bitcoin and cryptocurrency news you need to know today. Sign up here to get this email delivered direct to your inbox .
It’s about to get a lot easier to bet on the price of bitcoin. Grayscale’s Bitcoin Investment Trust, a vehicle that seeks to track the price of the cryptocurrency, announced a 91-for-1 split that will bring the price of a single share down from $1,860 to roughly $20.
Here are the current standings:
- Bitcoin (BTC): $13,575.96 (+2.01%)
- Ethereum (ETH):$1,232.53 (+8.18%)
- Ripple (XRP): $1.97 (+2.07%)
- Bitcoin Cash (BCC): $2,535.39 (+4.00%)
- Cryptocurrencies had a rough week that has seen prices drop dramatically. Despite today’s gains, Ethereum could be the only one to finish the last seven days in the green.
- Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said the Treasury is closely following the growth of cryptocurrencies, but is ‘concerned that consumers could get hurt‘ by bitcoin investing.
- A Wall Street consultancy eviscerated crypto in a massive report – and it should strike fear into the heart of every bitcoin bull.
- There will soon be a new way to bet on the blockchain technology behind bitcoin, thanks to a new ETF from RealityShares that is set to start trading next week.
- Gambling companies are the latest sector to cash in on the hottest trend sweeping crypto, according to a new report from Credit Suise.
- Blockchain technology – which powers bitcoin – may only be halfway through it’s evolution, the same Credit Suisse report said.
- ‘You just have more people annoying you:‘ The CEO of a cryptocurrency platform offering 100x leverage explains why he turns down investor cash
- Finally, if crypto is getting you down, there’s another corner of the stock market that’s seen even crazier trading than bitcoin.