- Reuters/Yuya Shino
Welcome to Crypto Insider, Business Insider’s roundup of all the bitcoin and cryptocurrency news you need to know today. Sign up here to get this email delivered direct to your inbox .
Cryptocurrencies are making slight rebounds after this weeks massive slump, with Ripple and other small cryptocurrencies leading the charge.
Here are the current standings:
- Bitcoin (BTC): $11,952 (+7.5%)
- Ethereum (ETH): $1,095.04 (+7.9%)
- Ripple (XRP): $1.69 (+30%)
- Bitcoin Cash (BCC): $1,872 (+7.2%)
- Litecoin (LTC): $207 (+10.8%)
- Morgan Stanley is jumping on the bitcoin futures bandwagon, following in the lead of rival Goldman Sachs.
- Vanguard’s chairman says cryptocurrencies pose an ‘idiosyncratic risk.’‘
- French cryptocurrency storage startup Ledger has raised $75 million.
- Ripple has almost erased its losses from earlier this week.
- ICE, the owner of the New York Stock Exchange, is launching a new cryptocurrency data feed aimed at hedge funds, banks, and trading firms.
- Finally, here’s how the bitcoin crash could be a blessing in disguise for the US financial system.