- Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures
- Michael B. Jordan plays Killmonger in Marvel’s “Black Panther.”
- In a conversation with actress Charlize Theron for Variety’s “Actors on Actors” video series, the 31-year-old actor said he didn’t even read the script before accepting the role of the villain in the movie because he trusted director Ryan Coogler.
- “When he first gave me the call about playing a villain for the first time…I was really excited,” he said. “Once he told me what the movie was going to be about and the kind of thematics and the themes he wanted to put into it, I was really excited about it…It was a no-brainer for me.”
- Coogler called him right after being chosen to direct the movie and offered him the role.
- The two worked together for “Fruitvale Station,” “Creed,” and “Black Panther.”
- Jordan talks about “Black Panther” at the beginning of the conversation.
- Watch the interview below.
Visit INSIDER’s homepage for more.