- Leonardo DiCaprio and Brad Pitt both get mistaken for Matt Damon, the pair confirmed in an interview with BBC Radio 1.
- “I may have even gotten a Brad Pitt once,” DiCaprio told the interviewer.
- Instead of letting the fans down gently, Pitt said he prefers to keep them in blissful ignorance and sign an autograph on Damon’s behalf.
- “They’ll figure it out later,” Pitt said.
- Watch the interview in full below.
- Visit INSIDER’s homepage for more stories.
If you think you met Matt Damon recently, you might want to check whether that autograph is the real deal.
In an interview with BBC Radio 1’s Film Critic Ali Plumb and their “Once Upon A Time In Hollywood” costar Margot Robbie, Brad Pitt and Leonardo DiCaprio revealed that they both get mistaken for an unlikely fellow A-lister: Matt Damon.
“I get Matt Damon,” DiCaprio told Plumb, to which Pitt chipped in: “I get Matt!”
As well as being three of Hollywood’s biggest leading men for decades now, both DiCaprio and Pitt have worked with Damon in the past – DiCaprio in “The Departed” and Pitt, of course, in the “Oceans” saga – which may explain the confusion.
“I may have even gotten a Brad Pitt once,” DiCaprio added.
“You can’t be mad about that,” Robbie chimed.
“You can’t be mad about any of them,” DiCaprio agreed.
Robbie then said she recently got mistaken for her lookalike actress Emma Mackey, who stars in the Netflix series “Sex Education.”
Robbie said she let the fans down gently and told them that she was not, in fact, in “Sex Education,” and that they had her confused.
Pitt, it seems, likes to take a different approach.
“I’ve actually signed autographs as Matt,” he said.
Gesturing a random squiggle with his hand, Pitt confirmed that he just made a signature up for his colleague: “They’ll figure it out later.”
“Yeah, why ruin their day? Why ruin the moment?” Robbie said.
Watch the interview in full below: