- Getty/Business Insider
- Facebook, Sears, and the US Government are among the brands with the worst reputations in America.
- Axios and Harris Poll surveyed Americans to see which major brands had the best and worst reputations in the US.
- Here are the 10 brands with the worst reputations.
Being well-known isn’t the same as being loved.
On Wednesday, Axios and Harris Poll released a new ranking of the reputations of the biggest brands in the US.
In the poll, one group of people identified the brands that they believed to have the best and worst reputations in the US. A second group ranked these brands – deemed the “most visible” – based on their reputations.
Some brands made the list simply because of their horrible reputations. The US Government and Phillip Morris both made the list, after being passed over in 2018 – and took the bottom two spots on the ranking.
Here are the 10 brands with the worst corporate reputations in America in 2019:
- Lucas Jackson/Reuters
The telecommunications company fell 13 spots from when the Harris Poll conducted the survey six months earlier.
9. Bank of America
8. Goldman Sachs
- Reuters/ Lucas Jackson
- REUTERS/Aaron P. Bernstein
Facebook dropped a whopping 43 spots, after a rough 2018.
5. Wells Fargo
- Spencer Platt / Getty Images
Sears had a disastrous 2018, narrowly avoiding liquidation.
3. Trump Org.
- REUTERS/Andy Clark
The Trump family-run organization dropped two more spots over the last six months.
2. Phillip Morris
1. US Government
- POOL New/Reuters