- XXI ICE
- Chicken nugget ice cream officially exists in Ireland.
- Irish caterer XXI ICE recently shared a video of its latest unconventional flavor combination to Facebook and Instagram.
- The video shows that the flavor is made by chopping up McDonald’s Chicken McNuggets and mixing them into the ice cream.
- Many people were disgusted by the pairing, while others seemed eager to try it.
- Visit INSIDER’s homepage for more stories.
Chicken nuggets and ice cream are pretty high on many people’s top lists, but one caterer’s decision to combine the two treats has left even the most devoted junk food enthusiasts feeling conflicted.
Irish rolled ice cream company XXI ICE debuted its new chicken nugget ice cream flavor on May 4. Not only is the sweet treat garnished with full chicken nuggets, but it has cut-up bits of the McDonald’s food mixed into the ice cream.
- XXI ICE
“Why not turn everyone’s favorite treat [from] McDonald’s into an ice cream?” XXI ICE owner Tiernan O Connor told INSIDER. “We’ve seen and heard of people dipping their nuggets into a McFlurry so we decided [to] turn it into an ice cream itself.”
The catering company announced the new flavor by posting videos of how the unconventional food combination is made to Facebook and Instagram.
Reactions to the video were varied. Many were disgusted by the thought of combining Chicken McNuggets with dairy.
“Everything does not have to be ice cream!!” one Instagram user added.
Even an apparent chicken nugget enthusiast agreed.
“This is taking the love affair a bit far, even for me ????,” one person commented on Facebook.
However, there were some brave souls who expressed interest in tasting the bizarre pairing.
“I kinda wanna try this!” another person responded on Facebook.
“That’s class, love the creativity guys!!” someone on Instagram added.
O Connor said his team was conflicted about the flavor as well.
“My team tasted it and got very mixed reactions,” O Connor told INSIDER. “Some really liked it and some not very much!”
This is not XXI ICE’s first foray into strange flavor combinations. The company made Tayto Cheese and Onion potato chip-flavored rolled ice cream in March, which also received mixed reviews on social media.
“Basically we turn anything into ice cream,” O Connor said.
- Read more:
- Dairy Queen is now selling mini Blizzard flights that let you enjoy 3 different flavors at once
- Nickelodeon slime ice cream is coming to Walmart and it’s every ’90s kid’s dream
- Crawfish ice cream with garlic, butter, and Cajun seasoning is now a thing, and it’s so popular it sold out in a matter of days
- A New York City ice cream shop is selling a gelato burger made with a chocolate bun