- Romina Amato/Red Bull via Getty
Welcome to Crypto Insider, Business Insider’s roundup of all the bitcoin and cryptocurrency news you need to know today. Sign up here to get this email delivered direct to your inbox.
Bitcoin investors owe an estimated $25 billion in US taxes, according to Tom Lee, the cofounder of Fundstrat.
As Tax Day approaches, many bitcoin owners are selling their digital coins in exchange for dollars. Lee therefore believes some of the selling pressure on bitcoin will lift after the April 17 tax deadline.
Here are the current crypto prices:
- Markets Insider
- Mt Gox CEO on Silk Road, the bitcoin exchange’s collapse, and losing 35kgs in prison
- TOM LEE: There’s a $25 billion reason bitcoin could stop plunging by mid-April
- Google will no longer accept Chrome extensions that mine cryptocurrencies
- A 200-year old idea offers a new way to trace stolen bitcoins
- How to buy and sell cryptocurrencies using Coinbase on your iPhone
- Paying taxes on bitcoin isn’t nearly as hard as it sounds
- How to buy Ripple’s XRP cryptocurrency
- An ETF veteran who ditched Wall Street for crypto explains how bitcoin can fit into a portfolio
What other questions do you have about crypto? Ask them in Business Insider’s Crypto Insider Facebook group today to discuss with readers from all over the world, as well as BI editorial staff.