Spectacular finale of Lancôme Travel Retail’s “Declaring Happiness” global campaign
HONG KONG, CHINA – Media OutReach – 15 January 2018 – French luxury beauty brand Lancôme Travel Retail launched its “Holiday Wônders” campaign at Hong Kong International Airport (HKIA) recently. Hong Kong International Airport is the last stop of Lancôme’s “Declaring Happiness” global campaign journey, following activations in Korea, Singapore, Bangkok and China launched since October this year.
Senior management of Lancôme Travel Retail, Shilla Duty Free, Airport Authority Hong Kong and JCDecaux Transport jointly officiated at the opening ceremony of Lancôme “Holiday Wonders” at HKIA. Lancôme’s “Holiday Wônders” pop-up store offers travelers the Parisian-styled shopping ambience.
Located in Departures Central Concourse, Lancôme’s “Holiday Wônders” features the iconic Eiffel Tower replica adorned with a huge pink letter “Ô” and ribbons, which is designed to captivate international and local passengers with its quintessential Parisian aesthetics and chic pink hues. Sparkling lighting effects on Eiffel Tower go live every 15 mins to create a festive ambience in the airport. While the pop-up store is installed nearby at East Hall to epitomize the immersive Parisian retail experience.
To complete the Parisian experience, travellers can snap photos at ‘Fly me to Paris’ photo booth and create personalized Christmas cards for their loved ones. There are also in place an interactive digital game to win exclusive Lancôme’s samples, and festive gift-wrapping service at the Lancôme’s pop-up store.
The opening ceremony unveiling the Lancôme’s “Holiday Wônders” campaign was officiated by Emmanuel Goulin, Managing Director of L’Oreal Travel Retail Asia Pacific; Raelene Johnson, Vice President, International Division of Shilla Duty Free; Cissy Chan, Executive Director, Commercial of Airport Authority Hong Kong, and Shirley Chan, Managing Director of JCDecaux Transport, together with senior executives from Lancôme Travel Retail Asia Pacific.
Speaking at the ceremony, Mr. Emmanuel Goulin said: “We are pleased to partner with JCDecaux Transport to launch one of our “Holiday Wônders” campaign in Hong Kong International Airport during this festive season. Experiential Sites at HKIA are in fact proven effective advertising platforms for creating brand differentiation and experiential engagement, as well as the perfect venue to create a vibrant retail environment reaching out to our targeted audiences and spread happiness around the world.”
Ms. Shirley Chan commented: “JCDecaux Transport is extremely happy that Lancôme Travel Retail has selected HKIA to be an important part of its “Declaring Happiness” global campaign. HKIA is not only the key travel gateway to Asian cities and international destinations, but also a strategic platform to enhance global awareness for brand messaging. Lancôme’s Parisian-style decoration has indeed enhanced the overall festive ambience at HKIA, offering a memorable travel and retail shopping experience.”
Link to campaign photos: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1nG6mkwzVKPYT1knlWt3JYiohRYRFJPRl?usp=sharing
Photo 1: [Lancôme Travel Retail’s “Holiday Wônders” campaign features the iconic Eiffel Tower replica adorned with a huge pink letter “Ô” and ribbons]
Photo 2: [Lancôme’s Parisian style pop-up store “Holiday Wônders”]
Photo 3: [Senior management of Lancôme Travel Retail, Shilla Duty Free, Airport Authority Hong Kong and JCDecaux Transport jointly officiated the opening ceremony]
Key information about JCDecaux Group
- 2016 revenue: €3,393m, H1 2017 revenue: €1,641m
- JCDecaux is listed on the Eurolist of Euronext Paris and is part of the Euronext 100 and Euronext Family Business indexes
- JCDecaux is part of the FTSE4Good and Dow Jones Sustainability Europe indexes
- N°1 worldwide in street furniture (559,070 advertising panels)
- N°1 worldwide in transport advertising with more than 220 airports and 260 contracts in metros, buses, trains and tramways (354,680 advertising panels)
- N°1 in Europe for billboards (169,860 advertising panels)
- N°1 in outdoor advertising in Europe (721,130 advertising panels)
- N°1 in outdoor advertising in Asia-Pacific (219,310 advertising panels)
- N°1 in outdoor advertising in Latin America (70,680 advertising panels)
- N°1 in outdoor advertising in Africa (29,820 advertising panels)
- N°1 in outdoor advertising in the Middle-East (16,230 advertising panels)
- Leader in self-service bike rental scheme: pioneer in eco-friendly mobility
- 1,117,890 advertising panels in more than 75 countries
- Present in 4,280 cities with more than 10,000 inhabitants
- Daily audience: more than 410 million people
- 13,030 employees
Key information about JCDecaux in China
- N°1 outdoor advertising company in China with 210,500 advertising panels in 35 cities (include Hong Kong and Macao)
- 195,100 transport panels (13 cities)
- 1,093 employees
- 6,400 advertising panels in Campus (32 cities)
About JCDecaux Pearl & Dean
JCDecaux Pearl & Dean Ltd (JCDP&D) is the main subsidiary of the JCDecaux Group in Hong Kong. JCDP&D is the market leader in outdoor advertising sales in Hong Kong, where it has been established since 1976. JCDP&D has been managing the advertising sales concessions for the MTR Corporation for over 30 years and the Hong Kong International Airport since its opening in 1998. The Company currently also operates the advertising concessions for Macau International Airport, Airport Express, Pacific Place Passages and Ngong Ping 360.