- Alyssa Powell/Business Insider
- Disney Plus is a new on-demand, ad-free streaming service that features movies and TV series from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic, and 20th Century Fox.
- You get a free seven-day trial when you first sign up.
- After the trial ends, the subscription costs $6.99/month or $69.99/year ($5.83/month).
- The free trial does not apply to the $12.99 Disney Plus bundle that includes Hulu and ESPN+.
- See also: Disney Plus: Everything you need to know about Disney’s ad-free streaming service
The new Disney-centric streaming service, Disney Plus launched on November 12, 2019.
If you’re a fan of everything Disney – meaning Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic, and 20th Century Fox – you’ve probably already signed up for the monthly or yearly subscription on the Disney Plus website.
On the first day of launch, more than 10 million people subscribed to Disney Plus, and the numbers will only climb from here. Analysts are predicting that Disney Plus will have 18 million customers by the end of 2020.
But if you’re just a casual Disney fan or you’re not sure whether you’ll like this new service, you don’t have to commit to a subscription ($6.99/month or $69.99/year) quite yet.
How to get a free trial of Disney Plus
Disney Plus offers a free seven-day trial. This will give you the chance to browse and watch all of the movies and shows on the service. The free trial is only available to new subscribers.
You can sign up via web browser, mobile device, Apple TV, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Samsung Smart TV, and Amazon Fire TV. When you sign up, you’re required to enter your payment information, which will be used to bill you at the end of the seven-day period.
What’s included in the Disney Plus free trial?
Everything a paying subscriber has access to. In addition to classic features such as the Disney and Pixar movies you grew up watching and new, recently released movies such as “Captain Marvel” and the live-action version of “Aladdin,” Disney Plus has all-new, exclusive original programming like “The Mandalorian.” We recommend using the trial as an opportunity to see whether these original movies and shows are worth the monthly cost.
Is there a free trial for the Disney Plus bundle?
There’s also an option to buy a bundled package with Disney Plus, Hulu, and ESPN+, which costs $12.99 per month for all three services. Individually, the ad-supported version of Hulu is currently $5.99 a month, and ESPN+ is $4.99 a month. If you haven’t explored the world of streaming services fully yet, the bundle could be the perfect opportunity to do so for a competitive price. Signing up for all three of the services individually would cost $18, so you end up saving about $5 per month with the bundle. There’s also a way to get the bundle with the ad-free version of Hulu.
However, the caveat of signing up for either of these bundles is that you don’t get a free trial. Your paid subscription starts the first day you sign up.
Are there Disney Plus gift cards?
Yes. With Valentine’s Day approaching, you’re probably looking for a great gift for the Disney fan in your life. If they haven’t subscribed to Disney Plus already, you can get them a Disney Plus subscription card. The gift subscription is available for one year of the streaming service and costs $69.99. It’s sent via email on a date of your choice.
Learn more about how to buy a Disney Plus gift subscription.
Read everything else you should know about Disney Plus:
- Disney Plus: Everything you need to know about Disney’s ad-free streaming service
- How to use the Disney Plus app to download and watch movies and shows offline
- How to get the Disney Plus bundle with ESPN Plus and the ad-free version of Hulu
- All the new movies you can watch on Disney Plus – from the live-action ‘Lady and the Tramp’ to holiday comedy ‘Noelle’
- All the new shows you can watch on Disney Plus – from ‘The Mandalorian’ to new Pixar shorts
- All the kids’ movies you can stream on Disney Plus – from ‘Snow White’ to ‘Frozen’
- All the new kids’ shows you can watch on Disney Plus – from ‘Vampirina’ to the new reboot of ‘Star Wars: The Clone Wars’
- All the Marvel movies and shows you can stream on Disney Plus – from ‘Iron Man’ to the new ‘Loki’
- Every single Star Wars movie will be available on Disney Plus
- All the Pixar films and shorts you can stream on Disney Plus – from ‘Toy Story’ to ‘Inside Out’
- The 12 best Christmas movies on Disney Plus you can stream right now – from ‘Miracle on 34th Street’ to ‘Home Alone