- Alyssa Powell/Business Insider
- Disney’s new streaming service Disney Plus is now available.
- A month-by-month subscription costs $6.99/month. The yearly subscription is a little cheaper and costs $69.99/year ($5.83/month).
- For these prices, subscribers get ad-free access to thousands of movies and TV shows, including exclusive original programming from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic, and 20th Century Fox.
- There’s also a bundled package option. For $12.99/month, you can get Disney Plus, Hulu, and ESPN+. If you buy each individually, the total cost would be $17.97/month.
- New subscribers can try the service for free for the first seven days.
One of the most affordable streaming services on the market is now available on your TV.
Disney Plus, a new ad-free streaming service created by the Walt Disney Company, became available on November 12 and immediately attracted 10 million subscribers on its first day. Analysts predict there will be 18 million customers by the end of 2020.
The highly anticipated service features programming from not only Disney, but also all of Disney’s subsidiaries: Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic, and 20th Century Fox.
Subscribers can enjoy movies and TV series old and new, including programming that can only be found on Disney Plus.
Find more information about the cost and features of Disney Plus below.
How much does Disney Plus cost?
There are a few different prices, depending on whether you want to pay on a monthly basis, commit to a yearlong subscription, or bundle Disney Plus with Hulu and ESPN+. Regardless of which you choose, you get a seven-day free trial to see whether you want to sign up for the full subscription.
Seven-day trial for new subscribers to Disney Plus only: Free
Month-by-month subscription: $6.99/month
Yearly subscription: $69.99/year (comes out to $5.83/month)
What’s included in this price?
- Ad-free streaming of thousands of Disney movies and TV shows, including original movies, series, and documentaries exclusive to Disney Plus
- Unlimited downloads
- Ability to stream on four devices simultaneously
- Ability to add up to seven profiles
How does the price of Disney Plus compare to that of other streaming services?
Disney Plus offers a competitive price. Here’s how it compares to other popular, non-live TV streaming services. The prices shown are for the ad-free plans (if applicable).
Netflix: $8.99 to $15.99/month
Amazon Prime Video: $8.99/month
Apple TV: $4.99/month
HBO Now: $14.99/month
If you would also like sports content and movies and TV from non-Disney sources, you should consider the bundle option. The Disney Plus, Hulu, and ESPN+ bundle, which is also now available, costs $12.99/month. If you sign up for each of these services individually, the total would come out to $17.97/month.
However, the version of Hulu in the bundle still includes ads. In order to enjoy the ad-free version of Hulu while getting the savings of the bundle, you need to become a Hulu customer first. Here’s what to do:
- Sign up for ad-free Hulu ($11.99/month).
- Sign up for the Disney Plus bundle with the same email address you used to sign up for ad-free Hulu.
- You will have new Disney Plus and ESPN+ accounts but will continue to be billed separately for your Hulu subscription.
- Every month, Disney will credit you $5.99, which is the value of the ad-supported Hulu in the original bundle.
Read everything else you should know about Disney Plus here:
- Disney Plus: Everything you need to know about Disney’s ad-free streaming service
- How to get a free week of Disney Plus
- All the new movies you can watch on Disney Plus – from the live-action ‘Lady and the Tramp’ to holiday comedy ‘Noelle’
- All the new shows you can watch on Disney Plus – from ‘The Mandalorian’ to new Pixar shorts
- All the kids’ movies you can stream on Disney Plus – from ‘Snow White’ to ‘Frozen’
- All the new kids’ shows you can watch on Disney Plus – from ‘Vampirina’ to the new reboot of ‘Star Wars: The Clone Wars’
- All the Marvel movies and shows you can stream on Disney Plus – from ‘Iron Man’ to the new ‘Loki’
- Every single Star Wars movie will be available on Disney Plus
- All the Pixar films and shorts you can stream on Disney Plus – from ‘Toy Story’ to ‘Inside Out’