- General Mills
- General Mills is launching ice cream-flavored cereals inspired by Drumstick ice cream sundae cones.
- The cereals come in mint chocolate and classic vanilla flavors.
- The Drumstick cereal costs $3.98 for a 17.5-ounce box.
- The cereals are starting to appear at select stores now and will be more widely available nationwide later this summer, a representative for General Mills told INSIDER.
- Visit INSIDER’s homepage for more stories.
General Mills is launching ice cream-flavored cereals inspired by Drumsticks, the ice cream sundae cones that you probably ate at some point during your childhood.
Although there are 37 different variations of the Drumstick ice cream posted on the product’s official website, a representative for General Mills told INSIDER that the company’s new cereals come in two different flavors: mint chocolate and classic vanilla.
- General Mills
While the cereal isn’t made with ice cream like the original treat that’s encased in a chocolate shell and covered in peanuts, the sweetened corn and wheat cereal comes complete with “ice cream flavored scoops,” “cocoa nuggets,” and “cone cereal pieces,” according to the back of the cereal box.
Employees at a Walmart located in Cincinatti, Ohio, posted a photo of the new cereal to the store’s Instagram, which we first spotted on Cosmopolitan.
The cereals were also spotted at a Walmart in South Carolina, according to an Instagram post by snackstalker.
View this post on Instagram
Check out this huge find from @coachlongest Drumstick cereal! Keep your eyes peeled for mint chocolate chip and classic vanilla. Both found at Wal-Mart in South Carolina ???? thanks for sending! @drumstick @generalmillscereal . . . . . #drumstick #icecream #cereal #walmart #fit #fitness #foodie #candy #snack #snacks #cheatday #cheatmeal #eeeeeats #yummy #oreo #nutella #chocolate #foodstagram #foodbeast #eater #saturday #weekend #preakness #horse #mint #cone #cake
The General Mills representative told INSIDER that the cereals are starting to appear at select stores now and will be more widely available nationwide later this summer. Both flavors of Drumstick Cereal cost $3.98 for a 17.5-ounce box.
- Read more:
- Snickers and Twix-flavored drinks will finally make you want to drink milk
- Hershey’s is adding emojis to its classic milk chocolate bars
- Chicken nugget ice cream made with chopped-up pieces of the McDonald’s food is popping up in Ireland
- Costco is selling 90-calorie wine popsicles that come in different colors for the summer