- Dwyane Wade and Gabrielle Union got out of their seats and enthusiastically cheered for Bronny James and Zaire Wade on Thursday during their first high-school basketball game at Sierra Canyon in California.
- The Los Angeles Lakers had a game that day, so LeBron James streamed the game to watch his eldest son play.
- Dwyane, who is close friends with LeBron, reassured his buddy that he and Union had him covered in cheering for Bronny.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
There’s no question that Dwyane Wade was an absolute legend throughout his 17-year career on the hardwood. But now that he’s retired, he’s taken on a new courtside role as cheerleader.
Wade’s son Zaire and LeBron James’ son LeBron “Bronny” James Jr. began their first high-school season this year at Sierra Canyon, a private school in California. Their first game was broadcast on ESPN on Thursday, and Wade and his wife, Gabrielle Union, featured prominently on the sidelines.
— NBA on ESPN (@ESPNNBA) November 22, 2019
The duo got out of their seats and cheered when Zaire and Bronny made good plays.
— ESPN (@espn) November 24, 2019
— Ballislife.com (@Ballislife) November 24, 2019
LeBron couldn’t be at his eldest son’s first high-school game because the Los Angeles Lakers had a game that evening, but he was able to stream it from the road.
LeBron speaking on Bronny and Sierra Canyon’s debut ???? pic.twitter.com/bDHGqRMPvK
— Sierra Canyon Boys Basketball (@SCanyonBBall) November 23, 2019
Dwyane, who is close friends with LeBron, reassured his buddy that he and Union had him covered on the cheering front.
Fifteen Sierra Canyon games will be broadcast on ESPN this season, and both Zaire and Bronny should figure prominently in the team’s lineup.
- Read more:
- Magic Johnson lauds LeBron James, says he’s ‘playing as well as I’ve ever seen him play’
- Russell Wilson and the Seahawks bamboozled the Eagles with a trick play that ended in a glorious 33-yard touchdown
- Here are the new, sleek NBA ‘City’ uniforms from Nike that all 30 teams will be wearing
- Rob Gronkowski and Venus Williams danced with the Laker Girls in a hilarious bit with James Corden