- Splash News
- Gigi Hadid stepped out wearing an ’80s-inspired look in New York City on Tuesday.
- The model’s outfit was comprised of a white blazer over a graphic T-shirt and black bike shorts. She accessorized with white sunglasses, chunky sneakers, and ankle-length socks.
- Her shirt featured Taylor Swift’s face on it, and was designed as part of an upcoming collaboration between the musician and Stella McCartney.
- While much of Hadid’s ensemble was fashion-forward, her choice of footwear and shorts looked a bit outdated.
- Visit Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Gigi Hadid brought the ’80s back while walking around New York City this week.
On Tuesday, the Victoria’s Secret model stepped out wearing an oversized white blazer over a graphic T-shirt and black bike shorts.
In my opinion, the ensemble looked like it could have been designed 35 years prior, especially because Hadid paired it with large white sunglasses, gold jewelry, chunky sneakers, and ankle-length socks. She also carried a multicolored handbag, which clashed against her monochrome outfit.
- Splash News
Though Hadid’s shirt was mostly covered by her blazer, some eagle-eyed fans on Twitter noticed that the garment was printed with a photo of Taylor Swift’s face.
Swift, a longtime friend of Hadid, took to Instagram on Monday to share details about her upcoming fashion collaboration with designer Stella McCartney.
The musician also shared a lookbook for the fashion line on her website, where models can be seen wearing the same shirt that Hadid donned in New York.
View this post on Instagram
#StellaxTaylorSwift is coming soon ???? It’s been SO much fun to work/dream up cute stuff with my friend @stellamccartney to create a line inspired by my new album Lover. Can’t wait to show you what we've been working on and tell you more about the pop up shop at the @YouTube Live event this Thursday at 5p ET! Sign up to receive more info at TaylorSwift.com and StellaMcCartney.com
While Hadid typically looks stunning in just about everything she wears, some aspects of her most recent outfit looked outdated.
Her footwear, for example, matched the “ugly shoe” trend that was popular back in 2018. Bike shorts are also overdone, as celebrities like Kim Kardashian West and Bella Hadid have been wearing them constantly since 2017.
Of course, it’s unclear if Hadid will continue to push for ’80s-inspired trends, but there’s no doubt that she’ll be one of Swift’s biggest supporters in her fashion endeavors.
- Read more:
- Gigi Hadid says she ‘wouldn’t recommend’ the Greek island of Mykonos after she and sister Bella got robbed
- Meet the Hadids, the family of models who have been called ‘the first family of fashion’ and are worth more than $57 million combined
- Gigi Hadid says she has rights to paparazzi photos with an argument that threatens to change the way Instagram reposting works
- People criticized Gigi Hadid for posting a paid promotional photo of herself eating McDonald’s at Coachella