- Lachlan Cunningham/Getty Images
- Golden State Warriors fans trolled JR Smith of the Cleveland Cavaliers early in Game 2 of the NBA Finals.
- The fans chanted “MVP!” during Smith’s first free throw attempt of Game 2.
- Fans also held signs proclaiming Smith the MVP and also gave him the loudest ovation of any player – including Warriors players – during the introductions.
- This all came after Smith committed a horrible blunder at the end of Game 1 in which he did not know the score, costing the Cavs a chance to steal a win on the road against the heavily favored Warriors.
Here is the video, via ABC
More NBA Finals coverage:
- J.R. Smith commits horrible blunder in final seconds of Game 1 of the Finals by seeming to forget the score and dribbling out the clock with the game tied
- Devastating photo shows J.R. Smith missed wide-open teammate LeBron James during his late-game blunder
- This photo of a very upset LeBron James sums up the brutal way the Cleveland Cavaliers blew the win in the final seconds
- A frustrated LeBron James cut his NBA Finals press conference off, told media to ‘be better tomorrow,’ after repeated questions about JR Smith’s blunder
- J.R. Smith had a perplexing explanation for his end-of-game blunder that cost the Cavs in Game 1 of the Finals