- On Tuesday, May 14, ice-cream brand Häagen-Dazs will host its annual “Free Cone Day.”
- On this day, at participating Häagen-Dazs stores in the US, visitors will be able to get one free scoop of any flavor of ice cream on a mini cone between 4 p.m. and 8 p.m.
- This year’s “Free Cone Day” is part of the Häagen-Dazs loves Honey Bees initiative, which is dedicated to protecting honey bees and acknowledging the contribution they make to the environment and to the ice-cream brand.
- Even if you miss “Free Cone Day,” you can earn a free scoop by joining the Häagen-Dazs Sweet Rewards program and making your first purchase.
- Visit INSIDER’s homepage for more stories.
As summer approaches, there’s some great news for both fans of ice cream and free stuff. On Tuesday, May 14, legacy ice-cream brand Häagen-Dazs will host its annual “Free Cone Day,” which involves a whole lot of free scoops.
At participating Häagen-Dazs locations in the US, visitors can score one free scoop of ice cream of any flavor in a miniature cone. The free ice cream will be available at select locations from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m.
This year, ‘Free Cone Day’ is dedicated to honey bees, since they help Häagen-Dazs create many of its popular flavors
As a part of the brand’s decade-long commitment to defending and helping the honey bees, Häagen-Dazs is also using this year’s “Free Cone Day” as an opportunity to shed light on the declining population of honey bees.
“Bees are critical to the environment, supporting one-third of the world’s crops, including ingredients that are used in more than one-third of Häagen-Dazs ice cream flavors,” the company wrote in a press release. “Without honey bees, there would be no Vanilla Swiss Almond, Strawberry or Rocky Road.”
For its part, Häagen-Dazs has already donated over $1 million dollars toward this cause and it has created a large, year-round pollinator habitat for honey bees.
Even if you’re not participating in ‘Free Cone Day,’ you can score a free scoop by joining the ice-cream company’s rewards program
Don’t worry if you can’t make it to “Free Cone Day.” The ice-cream brand recently debuted a new program called Häagen-Dazs Sweet Rewards, which gives you points for every dollar you spend at a Häagen-Dazs store.
These points can later be used to redeem special offers at Häagen-Dazs locations. After your first purchase using the loyalty program, you will receive a free cup or cone.