- You can unmute someone on Xbox One by navigating to the console’s Party feature.
- Unmuting someone may also solve some common Xbox One audio problems, like not being able to hear them while in a party chat.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more.
Microsoft’s Xbox One console allows you to chat with your friends through a headset. Thanks to the Xbox One’s Party feature, you can set up an audio chat with your friends while you play your favorite games.
If someone in the group wants to play a different game, everyone in the Party can still communicate and chat as each person plays a different game on their console.
However, often times there may be audio issues when starting a Party chat. There could be a slew of reasons as to why you may be experiencing audio issues, however, the most common problem is that you may have muted one of your friends.
Regardless of the reason, here’s how you can unmute people on your Xbox One.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to unmute on Xbox One
1. Turn on your Xbox One, then press the Xbox button in the center of your controller.
2. In the Xbox Guide, scroll to the left once to reach the “Multiplayer” tab, then hit “Party” to expand Party options and features.
3. In your Party, select a person who needs to be unmuted by clicking on their Gamertag, and a dropdown menu will appear.
- Taylor Lyles/Business Insider
4. Select “Unmute” and the player will be unmuted and you should be able to hear them in the party.