- Insider is looking to hire experienced Politics Reporter in New York or Washington, DC.
- This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to cover politics during a historic election year.
- Are you a reporter obsessed with all things politics? Apply here.
Insider is hiring a Politics Reporter to cover the 2020 campaign, the Trump White House, the battle over impeachment in Congress, and stories which show the impact of policy on everyday people’s lives.
We’re living in historic times, and this is a dream job for the right reporter who is obsessed with all things politics and has the ambition to tell the stories that need to be told.
The Politics Reporter will be expected to break news, write incisive political analysis, and forge a beat all their own.
What we’re looking for:
- Excellent news judgment
- A knack for telling stories and sharing political news in a smart, accessible way
- The ability to write and edit quickly and accurately
- A strong catalogue of sources, particularly on Capitol Hill
- A minimum of three years of experience covering politics for a digital publication
Please note that this full-time position requires that you work either at Insider’s headquarters in New York or remotely in Washington, D.C. Insider offers competitive compensation packages complete with benefits.
Insider is great journalism about what passionate people actually want to know. That’s everything from news to food, celebrity to science, politics to sports and all the rest. It’s smart. It’s fearless. It’s fun. We push the boundaries of digital storytelling. Our mission is to inform and inspire.
APPLY HERE with a resume and cover letter if this sounds like the job for you.