- Jaclyn Hill/YouTube
- On Thursday, Jaclyn Hill announced on YouTube that her beauty brand, Jaclyn Cosmetics, will be releasing a holiday collection of highlighters.
- During her video, she also talked about her brand’s previous lipstick launch, which failed after customers complained that they received broken products that caused swelling on the lips.
- Hill first said she’s had a “really hard year,” as she felt “so humiliated” after launching her first beauty products.
- Now, however, Hill says it’s fine if her new makeup “barely sells,” as she’s confident in the quality of the highlighters she’s created.
- Visit Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Jaclyn Hill is officially back to selling makeup – and this time, she’s more confident than ever.
On Thursday, the YouTuber shared a video with fans announcing that her beauty brand, Jaclyn Cosmetics, will be releasing a holiday collection of highlighters. At the start of her video, Hill also discussed the disastrous lipstick launch her brand faced in June.
Not only did she describe the experience as a “wake-up call,” but she also said it taught her to be OK if her new makeup “barely sells.”
Jaclyn Hill said she felt ‘so nervous’ to announce the launch of her new beauty products
“For today’s video, I am feeling so many emotions right now,” Hill said at the start of her video. “I am so beyond excited, I feel so confident, yet so nervous at the exact same time.”
She went on to explain that she’s had a “really hard year,” and has spent much of her time feeling “so humiliated” after the June launch of her first beauty product: lipsticks. At the time, many customers complained that they received broken products that caused swelling and bumps on the lips.
Still, Hill noted that despite the backlash, she’s “never been more thankful for anything,” as she “learned so much” throughout the experience.
“I truly believe in the depths of my soul that I was put through that situation for a reason because I had a major wake-up call – like major,” Hill said.
After opening up about her previous launch, Hill’s tone changed from nervous to confident.
“It’s not just makeup to me,” Hill said. “It’s more than makeup. I’m gonna keep going and I’m not gonna stop until I say that it’s time to stop. I’m in control of my own destiny.”
“I have over 20 new people on my team,” she continued. “If this collection barely sells, that’s OK. But once the people who do buy it get it in their hands, you guys are gonna die because it’s so damn good.”
Just days before posting her video, Hill addressed both fans and critics online
On Twitter, Hill has used her account to speak with fans directly regarding the future of Jaclyn Cosmetics.
For example, Hill thanked one person for supporting her despite receiving criticism from others.
Im sorry girl!!! It truly takes a bad bitch to openly support me right now. Thank you!!!????
— Jaclyn Hill (@Jaclynhill) November 13, 2019
The YouTuber also addressed a Twitter user who said they’ve lost trust in her products.
Im really sorry that you feel that way & I apologize for anything and everything I’ve ever done to lose your trust! I appreciate all of your support in the past!❤️
— Jaclyn Hill (@Jaclynhill) November 11, 2019
Representatives for Jaclyn Hill and Jaclyn Cosmetics did not immediately respond to Insider’s request for comment.
- Read more:
- Jaclyn Hill is teasing the launch of a new beauty product following her disastrous lipstick line
- Disney and Colourpop are releasing a ‘Frozen 2’ makeup line for those who want to channel Anna and Elsa
- 16 of the most shocking beauty YouTube transformations of all time
- 10 YouTubers who showed off their style at the 2019 People’s Choice Awards