- Drew Angerer/Getty Images
- The former FBI Director James Comey says it’s “possible” one of the most salacious allegations in a dossier about President Donald Trump’s ties to Russia is true.
- The dossier includes an unverified claim that Trump had prostitutes pee on a hotel bed where President Barack Obama once slept in Moscow.
- Comey seemed astonished that he couldn’t rule out Trump having prostitutes pee on a bed to spite Obama.
- Comey is on a media tour to promote a new book in which he describes a tumultuous time working under Trump.
The former FBI Director James Comey on Friday addressed one of the most salacious allegations ever leveled against President Donald Trump.
Asked about the unverified claim that Trump once had prostitutes in Moscow pee on a bed where President Barack Obama once slept – contained in a now-infamous dossier of opposition research on Trump during his presidential campaign – Comey didn’t rule it out.
“I honestly never thought these words would come out of my mouth, but I don’t know whether the current president of the United States was with prostitutes peeing on each other in Moscow in 2013,” Comey said in an interview on ABC’s “Good Morning America.”
“It’s possible, but I don’t know,” Comey continued.
Comey, who is on a media tour for his new tell-all book, “A Higher Loyalty,” set to arrive in stores Tuesday, wrote in the book that Trump asked him to investigate the “golden showers thing” in the dossier to reassure Trump’s wife, Melania, that it was untrue, according to the New York Post.
Reports surrounding excerpts of the book indicate Comey described himself as being shocked by Trump and his inner circle and described their ways as alien to him. Comey is said to have likened Trump to a mob boss who demands loyalty, lies to suit his purpose, and needs to have total control of those around him.