- Jennifer Lopez and Alex Rodriguez gushed about their relationship for the first time since getting engaged on March 9, after dating for two years.
- “Everything that we do, we do together,” Lopez told People. “He knows my dreams and I know his dreams, and together we feel like we’re stronger.”
- Rodriguez added that they have an “appreciation for where we are in our lives today, and that’s what we’re enjoying the most.”
“Everything that we do, we do together,” Lopez told People. “He knows my dreams and I know his dreams, and together we feel like we’re stronger.”
She added: “We’re constantly supporting each other in our individual endeavors and thinking about all the things that we can build together.”
Rodriguez shared similar sentiments, explaining that the couple has an “appreciation for where we are in our lives today, and that’s what we’re enjoying the most.”
The couple recently revealed that they got engaged in the Bahamas after dating for two years. They shared photos from the proposal, in addition to an image of Lopez’s dazzling engagement ring, which is estimated to be worth over $1 million
The two stars first met at a baseball game in 2005 and reconnected in late 2016, after Lopez spotted Rodriguez in walking by the Beverly Hills restaurant where she was eating lunch. They started dating in February 2017 and made their red carpet debut as a couple three months later at the Met Gala.
- Dia Dipasupil/Getty Images
Since then, they’ve gushed over each other and their blended family on social media and during interviews. Lopez has twins named Max and Emme with ex-husband Marc Anthony and Rodriguez has two children, daughters Natasha and Ella, from his past marriage to Cynthia Scurtis. Rodriguez even told People that Lopez is “a great role model” for his children and they “look at her like she’s the Messiah.”
During an appearance on NBC’s “Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon” in December 2018, the “Dinero” singer explained one of the reasons why she fell for the former baseball player.
“Some people try to dull you down or squish you down and he’s so not like that and it’s just so refreshing,” she said. “It’s just a beautiful thing. He’s just a very generous, loving spirit [and] soul.”
- Read more about Jennifer Lopez and Alex Rodriguez:
- Jennifer Lopez and Alex Rodriguez are engaged. Here’s a complete timeline of their relationship.
- Alex Rodriguez did the most for his first Valentine’s Day with Jennifer Lopez, but she had no idea he was behind it all
- Jennifer Lopez posted sweet photos in celebration of her 2-year anniversary with boyfriend Alex Rodriguez