- Jennifer Lopez appeared on “The Ellen DeGeneres Show” on Wednesday and spoke candidly about the 10-day no-carb, no-sugar challenge that she and Alex Rodriguez recently completed.
- The singer and actress said that her trainer suggested that she attempt the challenge in preparation for her upcoming role in the movie “Hustlers,” in which she’ll be starring as a stripper who bands together with other former employees to get revenge against their rich clients.
- “It was really hard,” she said of the temporary change in her diet. “Not only do you get a headache, but you feel like you’re in an alternate reality or universe. You don’t feel like yourself. You realize that you’re addicted to sugar.”
The singer and actress appeared on “The Ellen DeGeneres Show” on Wednesday and explained that she’ll be playing a stripper in the movie “Hustlers,” which is based on a New York Magazine article about former strip club employees who seek revenge against their Wall Street clients.
Lopez said that although she works out often and tries to maintain a healthy lifestyle, her trainer suggested that she raise the bar. The 49-year-old entertainer added that she tried out the diet in an effort to get ready for the outfits she’ll have to wear in the movie.
“It was really hard,” Lopez told DeGeneres of the food challenge that she completed with boyfriend Alex Rodriguez. She added that because carbs and sugars make up “most of my diet,” her body didn’t react too well to the abrupt change.
“It was really hard,” she said. “Not only do you get a headache, but you feel like you’re in an alternate reality or universe. You don’t feel like yourself. You realize that you’re addicted to sugar.”
The “Dinero” singer said that she found herself constantly thinking about cookies, bread, and other food that were temporarily banned. Lopez added that the discipline was difficult at first, but by the end, she noticed the results and was ready to attempt the challenge again.
“It takes down the inflammation a little bit, and all of a sudden you feel really small and less swollen almost, and it feels good,” she said. “And you get addicted to that feeling.
After lasting 10 days without carbs and sugars, Lopez and Rodriguez celebrated with a mouth-watering feast. The couple indulged in plenty of food, including pizza, wings, various dipping sauces, pastries, french fries, white rice, and salad. They were also joined by few of their famous friends who participated in the challenge, like Michael Strahan, Hoda Kotb, and Leah Remini.
Watch the video below (Lopez talks about the 10-day challenge at 2:52).
- Read more:
- Jennifer Lopez defends her controversial Motown tribute at the 2019 Grammys: ‘You can’t tell people what to love’
- Jennifer Lopez posted sweet photos in celebration of her 2-year anniversary with boyfriend Alex Rodriguez
- Jennifer Lopez takes the blame for her past failed relationships: ‘It was about me figuring out me’