- Michael Kovac/Getty Images for Casamigos and Ron Galella, Ltd./Ron Galella Collection via Getty Images
- Jessica Biel appeared on CBS’ “Late Late Show With James Corden” on Monday and said it was Justin Timberlake’s idea for her to dress up as him for Halloween.
- The actress recently got called out by Jimmy Fallon for shading NSYNC, a band Timberlake used to be part of, during a 1999 interview.
- At a Halloween party, Biel donned her husband’s exact blue jumpsuit that he wore at the 1999 American Music Awards while Timberlake dressed as a microphone.
- Visit Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Jessica Biel says Justin Timberlake suggested that she wear an NSYNC-inspired Halloween costume after Jimmy Fallon resurfaced her shady comments about the band from 20 years ago.
“This was all his idea,” Biel said during an appearance on CBS’ “Late Late Show With James Corden” on Monday.
The “Limetown” star explained that she traveled from New York to Los Angeles on the night of a Halloween party, and got dressed en route to the event after getting picked up from the airport. Rather than wear a replica of Timberlake’s iconic blue jumpsuit, Biel “surprised” her husband of seven years by wearing his exact outfit, which he donned at the American Music Awards in January 1999. Biel said she found the jumpsuit in storage.
- Ron Galella, Ltd./Ron Galella Collection via Getty Images
At the Casamigos Halloween Party on October 25, Biel and her friends banded together to emulate NYSNC while Timberlake dressed as a microphone.
“He could barely move all night,” Biel said of the singer’s outfit on “The Late Late Show.” “It was this huge thing on his head. It was really fun, actually.”
- Michael Kovac/Getty Images for Casamigos
During a recent appearance on NBC’s “Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon,” Biel was called out by the late-night host for saying she wasn’t a fan of NSYNC.
Fallon showed the actress an interview from 1999, the same year Timberlake wore the blue jumpsuit, in which she said: “I don’t think I own any of their CDs. I’m not a huge fan. But, I mean, cool, I guess.”
Biel also defended herself on the talk show by saying that she “lived under a rock” and “wasn’t into pop-culture music” at the time. However, she still doesn’t know any NSYNC tracks aside from “Bye, Bye, Bye.”
Biel and Timberlake joked about the revelation on social media after sharing photos of their Halloween costumes.
“This is what happens when your wife admits on TV that she doesn’t know any NSYNC songs,” Timberlake captioned his Instagram post.
Biel had a similar caption, writing: “This is what happens when you admit on TV that you don’t know any NSYNC songs and you’re married to @justintimberlake. Well played, husband, well played.”
Watch the video below.