- Kaley Cuoco is a longtime animal lover – she has multiple dogs, horses, and even a bunny.
- Her husband, Karl Cook, gifted her a new rescue pit bull puppy on Valentine’s Day that they’ve named Blueberry.
- Cuoco took to Instagram to defend her new pup after a security guard attempted to ban the dog from a Los Angeles building, since pit bulls are perceived by some to be dangerous.
A security guard in the building asked her husband, Karl Cook, if the dog was his service animal. When he responded that she wasn’t, the security guard told Cook that pit bulls, specifically, weren’t allowed in the building.
Cuoco continued saying that it really upset her that her 3-month-old puppy, seen throughout the story snuggling, yawning, and generally being adorable, wasn’t allowed somewhere because of stigma.
“This is what we deal with every day … I don’t understand it, I really don’t … This is just another effing annoying thing that this breed comes against every single day,” she went on to say.
Cuoco’s story is inspiring others to share their own stories on her Instagram posts about discrimination that their pit bulls have received.
“Thank you for using your platform to raise awareness and maybe change a couple minds,” wrote one commenter.
One thing’s for sure – you don’t want to come between Cuoco and her dogs.
- Read more:
- This stray was living on the streets before he was adopted by a police officer – now he’s overcoming stereotypes as one of the UK’s first pit bull police dogs
- A pit bull saved a baby’s life by dragging her out of a burning house by her diaper
- This puppy lost all of its fur after being chained and abused – but she made a dramatic and inspiring transformation after getting rescued