- During an interview with Zane Lowe for Apple Music’s Beats 1, rapper Kanye West revealed that he had special demands for those working on his upcoming album “Jesus Is King.”
- “There were times where I was asking people not to have premarital sex while they were working on the album,” West said to Lowe.
- While the rapper didn’t elaborate on his specific demand, he also spoke about how his faith in God drives him.
- Visit Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Rapper Kanye West revealed in an interview Thursday that he told people working on his new album, “Jesus Is King,” to abstain from premarital sex.
“There were times where I was asking people not to have premarital sex while they were working on the album,” West told Zane Lowe on Apple Music’s Beats 1 radio.
Even though the rapper didn’t elaborate on that specific demand, he talked about how religion has played a role in his life and music.
“There was a time I was letting you know what high fashion had done for me, I was letting you know what the Hennessy had done for me, but now I’m letting you know what Jesus has done for me, and in that I’m no longer a slave, I’m a son now, a son of God,” West told Lowe.
Recent months have seen the rapper embrace his faith in very public ways. West’s Sunday Service, a quasi-religious gathering that’s drawn stars like Brad Pitt and Kendall Jenner, has only grown in popularity in recent months.
And West’s pastor recently revealed that the rapper almost quit music because he felt rap was “the devil’s music.”
- Read more:
- Kanye West almost derailed Kim Kardashian’s Met Gala look because he thought it was ‘too sexy’
- Kanye West has a new song called ‘Closed on Sunday’ that heavily references Chick-fil-A
- Taylor Swift accuses ‘two-faced’ Kanye West of befriending her only to turn on her later
- Kanye West opened up to David Letterman about what it’s like to have bipolar disorder and manic episodes: ‘You feel everyone wants to kill you’