- Daniele Venturelli/WireImage
- Leonardo DiCaprio revealed that he used to work as a break dancer before making it big as an actor in a recent interview with his “Once Upon a Time in Hollywood’ collaborators.
- “I kept getting rejected by agents. I think because I was a break dancer at the time and had crazy haircuts…” DiCaprio told the Los Angeles Times.
- His costar Brad Pitt was amused upon hearing of DiCaprio’s past as a dancer, and urged the “Titanic” actor to share footage of his moves.
- “There’s got to be video somewhere,” Pitt joked.
- Visit Insider’s homepage for more stories.
“Once Upon a Time in Hollywood” star Leonardo DiCaprio revealed in a new interview that he used to work as a break dancer before making it big as an actor.
DiCaprio said he had a tough time getting started in Hollywood, and explained that he used to beg his parents to take him to auditions, with little success at first.
“I kept getting rejected by agents. I think because I was a break dancer at the time and had crazy haircuts…” the “Titanic” star told the Los Angeles Times.
DiCaprio’s “Once Upon a Time in Hollywood” collaborators, director Quentin Tarantino and costar Brad Pitt, were also part of the interview. Pitt had a field day upon learning of DiCaprio’s secret past as a break dancer.
“You were a break dancer? There’s got to be video somewhere,” Pitt said. When DiCaprio admitted to owning a few tapes, his costar was ecstatic.
“Oh my God. VHS of course. I’ve got to see it. We need a movie night,” Pitt joked.
“Once Upon a Time in Hollywood” premiered in 2019, and earned 10 nominations for the 2020 Academy Awards – including best actor for DiCaprio, and best supporting actor for Pitt.
- Read more:
- Brad Pitt jokes that Leonardo DiCaprio calls him ‘lover’ as a nickname and fans can’t handle it
- Leonardo DiCaprio reportedly helped save a man who had been treading water for 11 hours after falling off a cruise ship
- Brad Pitt gave Leonardo DiCaprio an iconic new nickname and made a ‘Titanic’ joke in his Golden Globes speech
- A video of Leonardo DiCaprio at Diddy’s birthday party shows he’s as good at dancing as he is at volleyball