- Christina Meador/Facebook
- Some pictures are worth 1,000 words … or maybe just a 500-word blog post.
- Such is the case for Christina Meador, who showed to her sister Deanna Adam’s wedding wearing, of all things, a dinosaur costume.
- But not to worry, Deanna was in on the joke, her new husband Joby told Insider.
- Meador first came up with the idea about a year when Deanna told her that she could wear “anything” she wanted to her wedding.
- Unfortunately it was hot on the day of the wedding and Meador eventually changed into a dress.
- Visit Insider’s homepage for more stories.
When wedding season rolls around, some couples take formal dress codes pretty seriously on their big day. But that wasn’t the case for Deanna and Joby Adams of Omaha, Nebraska.
When she got engaged last year, Deanna, a legal administrative specialist, asked her younger sister, Christina, to be her maid of honor.
She also told her younger sibling that she could wear “anything” she wanted to the wedding. As younger sisters tend to do, Meador pushed the limits of “anything.” In a screenshot of their conversation recently shared to Facebook, Meador asked Deanna if she could wear a dinosaur suit to the wedding. Deanna said yes.
Joby, a 34-year-old US Army sergeant, told Insider that the following year was a “big game of chicken” to see if either sister would back down on their dinosaur-costume-related claims.
And then came August 10, the day of the wedding. Joby described it as a “typical wedding day,” the small ceremony held in their backyard to a crowd of between of about 50 to 60 people.
“The music starts playing and then out comes Christina in the dino suit,” he said.
The crowd went wild – laughing, smiling, cheering, Joby said. The outfit has been massively popular online, too. The story took off after Medaor posted a photo to Facebook and gave an interview to the Daily Mail. Meador declined to be interviewed for this story.
And while the guests were surprised, the whole wedding party was in on Meador’s plan – including the bride and groom.
“A lot of people are saying that it takes attention away from the bride and the groom, but we didn’t mind at all,” Joby said. “We loved it.”
Joby explained that Meador “almost chickened out” before the wedding, but her sister encouraged her to wear the costume.
And after the pictures were snapped and the “I do’s” were exchanged, it was time for the reception – and an outfit change for Meador. Joby said that it was over 90 degrees Fahrenheit and humid in Nebraska that day. Perhaps it was the wrong day for a dino suit after all.
- Read more:
- A viral video shows the owner of an event hall in Mississippi declining to host an interracial wedding because of her ‘Christian belief’
- A woman looked for a wedding date on Craigslist to show up an ex-boyfriend, and now she and her date are married
- Couples are hiring this wedding photographer to capture the gritty, real, and unglamorous side of their special day
- People can’t stop buying this summer wedding guest dress that costs less than $30 on Amazon