- Steve Azzara/Corbis via Getty Images
- In summer 1999, pop singer Mandy Moore took the world stage with her hit single “Candy.”
- Since then, she’s been a staple in pop culture, with notable turns in films like 2002’s “A Walk to Remember” and, most recently, with her role as Rebecca Pearson on Golden Globe-winning show “This Is Us.”
- Moore’s been posting throwbacks of her early years of stardom on Instagram, and we can’t help but get nostalgic for those colorful early 2000s …
While it only reached No. 41 on Billboard’s Hot 100 list, the song was on radio rotations countrywide, and helped cement Moore as a pop culture mainstay. She’d soon relay that success into turns in early 2000s films like “The Princess Diaries” and “A Walk to Remember,” all-the-while continuing her music career.
Today playing Rebecca Pearson on Golden Globe-winning show “This Is Us,” Moore’s been posting throwback photos of her early stardom on Instagram, making us seriously miss those innocent pop culture years at the turn of the 21st century.
For anyone who needs a reminder, here’s the song and video that started it all.
In February, Moore posted the following image of herself as a teenager (with a cardboard cutout of herself) on her Instagram with the caption “Cool.”
“Candy was the first ever CD I bought in my life!” responded Instagram user hello.emma.
In March, Moore followed the post with a throwback series, which she captioned, “I didn’t yet know how to smile and I walked the runway for a charity fashion show. Also, let this be a lesson for us all: red eyeliner is not a good look.”
“My husband and my first dance at our wedding was ‘Only Hope,”’ wrote user reoengr25. “‘A Walk to Remember’ was the first movie we watched together!!!”
2018 included some throwbacks as well, Moore posting the following favorite in November.
“Serving some major fall lewks in November 2000,” the actress wrote.
“This is the blond Mandy I remember,” wrote user bekirkulcu.
If those weren’t nostalgic enough, in January, the actress went back even further.
“Bring back that ’80s dress tho, lol,” commented Instagram user cherrybomb143. Bring back that ’80s dress indeed.
- Read more:
- THEN AND NOW: The cast of ‘The Princess Diaries’ movies 17 years later
- Mandy Moore just dyed her hair blonde for the spring, and it will make you feel all sorts of nostalgic
- Mandy Moore says she and Meghan Markle used to spend a lot of time together and that the duchess also watches ‘This Is Us’