- Max Mumby/ Indigo/ Getty Images, Cliff via Flickr
- Meghan Markle‘s makeup artist, Daniel Martin, resurfaced a 1962 Andy Warhol painting that may have predicted the birth of her son, Archie.
- The painting, which is a replica of a New York Post cover, has the headline “A Boy for Meg,” alongside a picture of a woman who looks eerily similar to the duchess.
- It turns out, the cover actually depicted (and was referring to) the late Princess Margaret, who gave birth to her son, David Armstrong-Jones, in 1961.
- “Ironic, don’t ya think?” Martin wrote on Instagram.
- Visit Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Fans of Meghan Markle are convinced artist Andy Warhol predicted baby Archie’s arrival – 57 years before he was born.
The painting is of a 1961 New York Post front page, featuring the headline “A Boy for Meg” alongside a woman who appears strikingly similar to Markle.
Martin clearly thought so, as he captioned the post: “Ironic, don’t ya think?”
Although the painting may seem like an eery coincidence, it actually has a surprising link to another royal.
The woman on the front page is actually supposed to be the Queen’s sister, Princess Margaret, and the headline refers to her giving birth to her son, David Armstrong-Jones, in 1961.
- Getty Images
Fans were quick to point out the similarities between Warhol’s painting of Margaret and present-day Markle.
One person commented: “This is insane! It almost looks like her when she wears some of her hats and fascinators.”
“Wow! And the resemblance is uncanny,” wrote another.
- Getty Images
Meanwhile, others said that Warhol “predicted” Archie’s birth with the painting.
“Haha Warhol called it back then,” one fan joked, while another simply wrote: “Prophecy!”
Markle and Prince Harry welcomed baby Archie on May 6, 2019. Although the couple have only shown a handful of pictures of the newborn, they did release two adorable new family photos to mark his christening in July.
The couple will embark on an official tour of South Africa in the fall, and they announced in a statement that they plan to bring Archie along, too – so fans are likely to see another glimpse of him then.