- Nintendo’s about to make an announcement, but no one knows what it is.
- The only information we have about the reveal is that it’s a “new interactive experience” for the Nintendo Switch, the company’s newest console.
- We also know it’s aimed at kids and “those who are kids at heart.”
What is Nintendo about to reveal? That’s the big question.
Here’s what we know for sure:
- Nintendo will announce something aimed at kids and “those who are kids at heart” on Wednesday.
- The announcement is scheduled for 5 p.m. ET.
- Nintendo says it’s unveiling a “new interactive experience” for the Nintendo Switch game console.
- The Japanese company calls it a “new way to play” the Switch.
And that’s pretty much all we’ve gotten so far from Nintendo. A representative didn’t immediately respond to our questions about the announcement.
The timing is especially strange, given that Nintendo just held a Nintendo Direct event where it announced several games, such as a new “Mario Tennis” title.
But Wednesday evening’s event promises something different from the usual game announcements and updates: “a new interactive experience for Nintendo Switch that’s specially crafted for kids and those who are kids at heart.” The latter bit sounds like the kind of language Nintendo might use to describe all its products, but the “interactive experience” bit is what’s so intriguing.
The Switch, Nintendo’s outrageously popular new game console, is notoriously light on non-game experiences. You can watch Hulu on it, and you can shop for new games, but that’s about it – the Switch is first and foremost a game console.
Whether this new “interactive experience” offers something else for young Switch owners remains to be seen. Check back on Business Insider’s tech page for all the details when the news drops on Wednesday evening.