- Getty/Lance King
- Former President Barack Obama was spotted wearing a black bomber jacket with “44” embroidered on the sleeve during the North Carolina-Duke basketball game on Wednesday night.
- Rag & Bone confirmed to Business Insider that it personalized the jacket, from its Manston line, for him.
A huge wardrobe moment happened on Wednesday night during the North Carolina-Duke basketball game: Former President Barack Obama wore an eye-catching black bomber jacket.
It turns out the jacket was made by Rag & Bone, an upscale global fashion label started by Marcus Wainwright. It’s a Manston model, which typically costs $595, that was personalized for Obama with a “44” on the sleeve, the brand confirmed to Business Insider.
The jacket got its fair share of attention. A tweet pointing out the embroidery on the sleeve had more than 51,000 favorites and more than 12,000 retweets as of Thursday afternoon.
Obama at the UNC/Duke game rocking an all black bomber jacket with “44” on the sleeve. ???????????? pic.twitter.com/R4VqaGve3B
— Complex (@Complex) February 21, 2019
Another tweet with more than 2,700 favorites used a popular meme format to praise the jacket:
Barack Obama's jacket erased my credit card debt, fixed my posture, charged my phone, cleared my skin, called my mom, emptied my inbox, prepped my meals for the week, canceled my free trials, cleaned my bathroom, and paid my rent. pic.twitter.com/OG9qBNtWve
— Emmy Bengtson (@EmmyA2) February 21, 2019
The jacket has already been knocked off by sites claiming to sell replicas complete with the 44 on the sleeve, according to the Wall Street Journal style correspondent Jacob Gallagher.
Of course, the jacket wasn’t the most notable clothing-related happening at the game. In the first minute, Duke’s star player Zion Williamson injured his knee when his foot tore through his Nike shoe.
The camera caught Obama’s reaction to the incident, since he was sitting courtside. He could easily be seen saying “his shoe broke” and pointing to the court.
North Carolina went on to win the game, 88-72.
- Read more:
- Zion Williamson was wearing a $110 pair of Nike sneakers when one shoe exploded and he injured his knee
- Camera caught Obama’s reaction the moment Zion Williamson’s shoe exploded and he injured his knee
- Zion Williamson’s shoe exploded and he injured a knee in first minute against North Carolina
- Users are reporting that Nike’s new $350 self-lacing smart sneakers are breaking after they’re updated