- Olive Garden
- Olive Garden’s latest Never Ending Pasta Pass is going on sale August 15 at 2 p.m. EST.
- The Pasta Pass will entitle diners to unlimited pasta at Olive Garden for nine weeks from September 23 through November 24 with a cost of $100 a pop.
- This year, there’s a twist: for an extra $400, Olive Garden will offer the first 50 customers who buy one the option to upgrade to a Lifetime Pasta Pass.
- Holders of this pass will be entitled to unlimited pasta at Olive Garden for life.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
The I-Spy-like photos teased the return of the chain’s legendary Never Ending Pasta Pass. This year’s pass will allow diners to get unlimited pasta, soup, and salad at Olive Garden for nine weeks from September 23 through November 24 for the cost of $100. Only 24,000 lucky diners will get one when it goes on sale on August 15 at 2 p.m. EST.
— Olive Garden (@olivegarden) July 30, 2019
With most dishes at Olive Garden starting at over $10 depending on location, it’s pretty easy to eat your money’s worth. Previous Pasta Pass holders have saved thousands, including an IT worker who saved a total of $2,164.89 with the Pasta Pass in 2018. Olive Garden also offered annual Pasta Passes for $300 in 2018.
But this year, Olive Garden has something new up its sleeve.
The chain’s scavenger-hunt-style marketing campaign on social media has contained hidden clues that add up to this year’s big twist: for the first time ever, Olive Garden will also sell 50 Lifetime Pasta Passes.
A Lifetime Pasta Pass will cost $500 plus tax and will entitle pass holders to unlimited pasta, soup, and salad at Olive Garden for life.
- FTP Edelman / Olive Garden
Diners looking to snag a pass should be prepared to act quickly. The Pasta Passes will only be on sale for 30 minutes or until they all sell out. In 2018 all 23,000 Pasta Passes and 1,000 Annual Pasta Passes sold out in less than a minute.
The Lifetime Pasta Pass will be even harder to get. Customers will first have to purchase a Never Ending Pasta Pass and check an opt-in box for the Lifetime Pasta Pass before completing their purchase.
The first 50 to check the box and check out will be notified on Friday, August 16. For an additional $400 plus tax, they will have the option to upgrade to the Lifetime Pasta Pass.
Pass seekers can join the online waiting room when it opens at 1:55 p.m. so they’ll be ready to hit the ground running when the clock strikes 2 p.m.