- Credit: Justin Sullivan / Getty Images
- Pabst Blue Ribbon is selling a limited edition 99-pack in the US this Christmas which contains Original, Easy, and Extra versions of its beer.
- The mythical 7-foot-long box of beer was last sold in Quebec during the 2017 holidays, but will now be sold in 15 states across the US, the company told Insider.
- While prices for the 99-pack are being set by individual retailers, it was reported that a Minnesota store selling the cases for $59.99 was out of stock in less than 24 hours.
- Visit Insider’s homepage for more details.
Pabst Blue Ribbon is selling limited-edition 99-packs of beer in the US just in time for the holiday season.
The whopping 99-can pack was first sold by PBR in Quebec during Christmas 2017, according to Travel + Leisure.
Now, it seems those in the US will also get a chance to give their true love (or many loves) 99 cans over the festive period.
Although taller than most at 7 feet long, according to Food & Wine, the novelty stocking-stuffer has been elusive to track down in stores and is available on a “while stocks last” basis.
The huge stop-in-your-tracks multi-pack holds cans of Original, Easy, and Extra types of PBR.
However, it’s not just a ‘grammable gimmick – PBR says the case is a nod to the original 99-pack creators, Austin Beer Works. The beer brand has pledged to donate $9999.99 to the Central Texas Foodbank this Christmas, helping to feed the Austin community during the holidays.
Billed as a “family pack,” this beery beast is only being sold in 15 states, the company confirmed in a press release: Arkansas, California, Colorado, Florida, Iowa, Massachusetts, Michigan, Montana, Minnesota, New York, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Texas, Virginia, and Wisconsin.
According to Des Moines Register, the price for the 99-pack will be set by the individual retailers.
Last week, a store in Minnesota advertised their stock of 99-packs at $59.99 (around $0.60 a can) and sold out in less than 24 hours, according to WSAW.
It’s the perfect gift for the Pabst Blue Ribbon-loving pal who has everything – if you can find one.