- Apple just became the first US company to hit a $1 trillion market valuation on Thursday.
- Using Glassdoor, Business Insider looked into some of its employee benefits.
- Glassdoor users gave Apple’s overall perks a 4.5 out of 5 stars on the site.
- One of its flashiest draws is its “beer bash” – a regular event featuring snacks, free booze, and celebrity cameos.
Business Insider took a look at Apple’s Glassdoor reviews to see how the tech giant repays its employees. On Glassdoor, users gave Apple’s overall benefits a 4.5 out of 5 stars on the site. Reviews indicated the company’s tempting perks range from free, star-studded concerts to gym benefits.
Here’s a look at some of the benefits Apple offers its employees:
According to Glassdoor, Apple employees get an annual 25% discount when they purchase an iPod, computer, or iPad.
- Hollis Johnson
Every three years, workers can get $250 off an iPad or $500 off a Mac. Most Apple software is 50% off.
- Hollis Johnson/Business Insider
The company also offers other discounts for family and friends, depending on the product.
Mothers can take up to 18 weeks of fully paid leave after giving birth, with an additional six weeks of unpaid leave after that.
- Donnie Ray Jones/Flickr
Source: The Outline
Non-birth parents get six weeks of paid time off, according to TIME.
The tech company also covers the cost of egg freezing.
- Pichi Chuang/Reuters
Source: Business Insider
Employees are treated to free beer and appetizers at the company’s beer bashes — not to mention some of the biggest names in music.
- Casey Fleser/Flickr
Stevie Wonder, Maroon 5, and OneRepublic have all performed at these semi-regular events.
An employee based in Manhasset, New York, reported Apple provides employees with a $300 gym credit annually.
At Apple, new hires get 12 days of paid time off — but Glassdoor reviewers report it increases over time.
- Evan Forester/flickr