- A “Frozen”-themed land is coming to Disneyland Paris.
- Images released by Disneyland Paris indicate the new area will contain replicas of the castle and village seen in the movies as well as an artificial lake.
- It’s set to open in 2023, according to Yahoo, and is part of a $2.17 billion expansion of Disneyland Paris that also includes “Avengers” and “Star Wars” lands scheduled to open next year.
- The park has also opened two new “Frozen” attractions that allow guests to interact with their favorite characters.
- Visit Insider’s homepage for more stories.
The “Frozen“-themed area is set to open in 2023, according to Yahoo. Images released by Disneyland Paris indicate the new land will include replicas of the castle and village seen in the movies as well as an artificial lake.
The area is also expected to feature encounters with characters from “Frozen,” a new restaurant, and a shop.
“As part of the fully immersive land, guests will see in the distance the snow-capped mountain of Arendelle opposite a magnificent lake, with an attraction that will take them to the center of the Kingdom,” Disneyland Paris said in a press release.
Yahoo reports the lake will have 360-degree views of water-based shows.
— OutsidEars (@OutsidEarsDLP) February 10, 2020
The “Frozen” land is part of a $2.17 billion expansion of Disneyland Paris. Areas based on “The Avengers” and “Star Wars” are also planned, including an attraction dedicated to “Spider-Man.” The first of these, Avengers Campus, is due to open in 2021, according to Disney.
Before the new “Frozen” land opens, fans can still join in the adventures of Elsa, Anna, Olaf, Kristoff, and Sven with a new show that takes place four times a day at Disneyland Paris. “Frozen Celebration” is a parade that also features dancers and acrobats, and visitors can also interact with characters from the films.
In addition, a new interactive experience at the park called “Frozen: A Musical Invitation” allows guests to play and interact with their favorite characters as they’re transported to Arendelle.