- Victoria Jones/Pool via REUTERS
- President Donald Trump, First Lady Melania Trump, and and other world leaders appeared at the NATO reception at Buckingham Palace on Tuesday during the annual summit.
- The meeting, which marks the 70th anniversary of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization, started with clashes between French President Emmanuel Macron and Trump.
- At the reception, the Trumps were hosted by Prince Charles and Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall at Clarence House, stopped by 10 Downing Street, and later mingled with the British royal family at Buckingham Palace.
- Here is a look inside the NATO reception.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
President Donald Trump and First Lady Melania Trump appeared at the NATO reception at Buckingham Palace on Tuesday during the annual world leader summit.
The meeting, which marks the 70th anniversary of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization, started with clashes between Trump and French President Emmanuel Macron over Macron’s comments about NATO and the state of ISIS.
At the reception, the Trumps were hosted by Prince Charles and Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall, at Clarence House, stopped by 10 Downing Street, and later mingled with British royal family at Buckingham Palace.
Here is a look inside the NATO reception.
President Donald Trump and his wife Melania visited Prince Charles and Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall, at their home in London.
It is the second time the Trumps have met with Charles and Camilla at the Clarence House.
Source: USA Today
Trump greets Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, alongside Prince Charles, who is next in line for the throne.
- Geoff Pugh/Pool via REUTERS
Noticeably absent from the event was Prince Andrew, Queen Elizabeth II’s second son, who recently stepped back from royal duties. The Duke of York has been facing heat over his friendship with the late financier and convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein, and accusations by one of Epstein’s accusers that she was forced to have sex with Prince Andrew at age 17.
Prince Andrew has vehemently denied these accusations and Buckingham Palace released a statement in September “emphatically” denying that “the Duke of York had any form of sexual contact or relationship with Virginia Roberts. Any claim to the contrary is false and without foundation.”
Trump is seen with Queen Elizabeth II at the NATO reception at Buckingham Palace.
Also missing from the royal family were Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, who gave birth to son Archie in May and are taking a break from royal duties for the holidays, CNN reported.
First Lady Melania Trump walks beside Queen Elizabeth II.
The first lady was pictured with the queen and was wearing a yellow coat with a cape by Valentino over a magenta dress, while Queen Elizabeth wore a patterned teal dress, black gloves, and a brooch on her shoulder.
Source: USA Today
Kate, Duchess of Cambridge, appeared at the NATO reception without her husband Prince William.
Prince William, who is next in line for the throne after Prince Charles, was on a four-day trip to Kuwait and Oman representing his grandmother Queen Elizabeth II.
William’s brother, Prince Harry, and his wife, Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, were not at the reception to spend time with their newborn son Archie.
Source: USA Today
- Read more:
- The NATO summit started as uncomfortably as expected, with Trump slamming Macron’s ‘very, very nasty’ statement on the group being brain-dead
- Macron corrects Trump to his face at NATO meeting over his repeated false claims that ISIS is defeated
- Trump slammed Macron for ‘insulting’ NATO. But the French president was actually attacking Trump for damaging the alliance.