- A viral video shows a girl putting a small dog in a dryer for several seconds.
- The video engendered concern, and now Texas police are looking into it.
- According to the Lewisville Police Department, in Lewisville, Texas, few details will be released because the person involved is a minor.
- However, the department did say that the case is being investigated as cruelty to non-livestock animals.
- Visit INSIDER’s homepage for more stories.
A viral video showing a girl putting a small dog in a dryer for several seconds has raised concerns about animal cruelty. The account has since been scrubbed from Instagram, along with the live stream of the alleged incident.
Some of the stream has been reshared on social media. In the clip reviewed by INSIDER, the girls scoops up the animal, a small dog, and briefly puts it in a clothing dryer.
“I’m gonna do it. I’m gonna put his a-s back in the dryer. He likes that s–t, look!” she said before putting the dog in the dryer for several seconds.
While the dog is in the dryer, she shrieks and laughs loudly. After, the dog runs out of the dryer and into another room.
Following an online outcry, police in Texas looked into the situation. First, the Dallas Police Department investigated the video. But on Monday, the DPD turned the investigation over to the Lewisville Police Department, as they found the incident occurred in Lewisville, Texas.
On Facebook, the Lewisville Police Department confirmed that case is being investigated as cruelty to non-livestock animals. The LPD also confirmed that police in Dallas had identified the person in the video in their investigation.
However, the department said few details could be released at the time, as the person in the video is a minor. At this time, the investigation is in “early stages,” the LPD said.
- Read more:
- A healthy dog was euthanized because the dog’s owner wanted to be buried with her
- Authorities have arrested a 54-year-old woman who they say threw 3-day-old puppies away in Coachella
- A teacher who fed a live puppy to a snapping turtle in front of students to put ‘it out of its misery’ is found not guilty of animal cruelty
- A Miami club was shut down after a video of a bikini-clad woman riding a horse onto a crowded dance floor went viral