- Toby Melivlle/ Getty Images
- Prince Harry hinted that he and Meghan Markle could want another baby, just six months after their first child was born.
- According to a parent who met the couple at a coffee morning for military families, the prince was interested to know “how things were with second children.”
- This isn’t the first time Harry has expressed interest in having more than one child, and he previously told British Vogue that he wanted “two, maximum.”
- Visit Insider’s homepage for more stories.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex made a surprise visit to a coffee morning for military families in Windsor on Wednesday, and one parent spoke about her conversation with the pair.
“I think they were sort of keen to chat, and chat to other parents [with] babies of a similar age,” she said in a video shared on Twitter.
"harry was quite interested in how things were with second children" well, calm down henry ???? pic.twitter.com/sJLjSTHQMX
— barb (@daernerys) November 7, 2019
“Harry was really quite interested in, you know, how things were with second children as well, as we’ve both got older children. We were trying to encourage them to have a second baby.”
The news won’t come as too much of a surprise for royal fans, as Harry previously said in an interview with British vogue that he wants to have “two, maximum” children with Markle.
However, recent reports also suggest the couple could opt to have their next child in the US.
“Meghan already told pals that when she comes to deliver her next baby, she’d like to do it in LA where she was born and bred,” a source told OK! Magazine.
“She said that being pregnant in the UK without any of her family and friends felt incredibly lonely and uncomfortable for her, so she’s keen to change that the second time around and would like to buck tradition to ensure she’s happy – although that may ruffle feathers along the way.”
In a new documentary, the duchess spoke about how difficult it was to deal with the media attention while pregnant with Archie.
“Look, any woman, especially when they’re pregnant, you’re really vulnerable, and so that was made really challenging,” she said. “And then when you have a newborn, you know?”
“Also, thank you for asking,” she added, “because not many people have asked if I’m OK. But it’s a very real thing to be going through behind the scenes.”