- Jack Brooksbank says he’s “in charge of the drinks” at his Friday wedding to the Queen’s granddaughter Princess Eugenie.
- Brooksbank, European Brand Manager for Casamigos Tequila, said a selection of bespoke Casamigos cocktails will be served to guests throughout the wedding weekend.
- The brand was founded by George Clooney, Rande Gerber, and Mike Meldman in 2013.
- Clooney was rumoured to have poured shots of it from behind the bar at Harry and Meghan’s wedding.
The second most anticipated royal wedding of the year is taking place today.
On Friday, October 12 at 11 a.m. BST, the Queen’s granddaughter Princess Eugenie will marry Jack Brooksbank in St. George’s Chapel at Windsor Castle – the same place Prince Harry and Meghan Markle tied the knot earlier this year.
While a number of details – the venue, the wedding party, the cake, and the performers – have been revealed, the couple has said little about what will be on the menu for guests, or what type of party they can expect.
As it turns out, they could be in for a treat.
- Tristan Fewings/Getty Images for Qatar Goodwood Festival
Brooksbank, European Brand Manager for Casamigos Tequila, which was launched by George Clooney, Rande Gerber, and Mike Meldman in 2013, has said that he’s “in charge of choosing drinks” – and it sounds like it’ll be a pretty tequila-heavy event.
A spokesperson for Casamigos told INSIDER that according to Brooksbank, there will be a selection of bespoke Casamigos cocktails served to guests throughout the wedding weekend.
With George and Amal expected to attend, guests could also be in for another surprise should Clooney decide to pour shots of his tequila from behind the bar, like he was rumoured to have done at Harry and Meghan’s wedding.
The company announced in September that Brooksbank, previously Casamigos’ UK Brand Ambassador, had been promoted to European Brand Manager, working fulltime on the business.
His role sees him represent the brand “amongst top tier venues including hotel groups and private clubs, whilst educating consumers on the brand story and superior taste credentials,” according to Casamigos.
Brooksbank has previously held roles overseeing the culinary offering at high-end club Mahiki in London, and as General Manager of Mayfair Mexican restaurant Peyote, where he was introduced to tequila. He then launched Chelsea’s Tonteria nightclub – also Mexican-themed – where he apparently fell in love with Casamigos.