- George Pimentel/FilmMagic
- Robert de Niro had a fiery response to Fox criticizing him for speaking out against President Donald Trump.
- “F— e’m,” De Niro said during an interview on Sunday when asked about the network’s criticism.
- The actor likened the president to “a gangster” and said that the country was “in a terrible situation.”
- Though De Niro’s sharp comments raised eyebrows, has a long track record of slamming Trump with insults like “con artist,” “pig,” “blowhard,” and “buffoon.”
- Visit Insider’s homepage for more stories.
“Godfather” actor Robert De Niro responded to Fox criticizing him for speaking out against Donald Trump during an interview on Sunday.
De Niro’s interview with CNN “Reliable Sources” host Brian Stelter got off to a tense start, with the actor saying Democrats have “no choice” but to pursue impeachment against Trump, whom he labeled “crazy.”
“This guy should not be president. Period,” he said of Trump.
Stelter then asked De Niro about criticism Fox News had leveled at the actor after he previously took aim at the president, for which De Niro had a strong response.
“F— ’em, f— ’em,” De Niro replied.
“This is cable, so it’s not an FCC violation, but it is still a Sunday morning,” Stelter reminded him.
—@BrianStelter asks Robert De Niro about criticism he gets from Fox for speaking out against Trump.
"Fuck em," De Niro replies. "Fuck em."
Stelter reminds him, "This is cable, so it's not an FCC violation, but it is still a Sunday morning." pic.twitter.com/9IOo1VvXCM
— Oliver Darcy (@oliverdarcy) September 29, 2019
De Niro continued to slam Trump’s presidency and the country’s current political climate.
“We are at a moment in our lives, in this country, where [Trump] is like a gangster. He’s come along, and he’s said things, done things – we say over and over again, ‘this is terrible,'” he said.
“We are in a terrible situation, and this guy just keeps going on and on and on without being stopped,” De Niro added.
In an article on the exchange, Fox News labeled the actor “vulgar.” Though De Niro’s sharp comments raised eyebrows, has a long track record of slamming Trump with insults like “con artist,” “pig,” “blowhard,” and “buffoon.”
- Read more:
- Robert De Niro just called Trump a ‘racist’ and ‘white supremacist,’ and drew comparisons to Hitler and Mussolini
- Robert De Niro returned as Robert Mueller in the ‘Saturday Night Live’ cold open
- Trump wades into feud with Robert De Niro, calls the actor ‘Low IQ’ and ‘punch-drunk’ from being hit in the head during boxing movies