- NBC/”Saturday Night Live”
“Saturday Night Live” mocked Jussie Smollett in a skit in which cast member Chris Redd played a version of the “Empire” actor, and Sandra Oh played his lawyer.
The skit featured a faux meeting of Fox producers, to discuss Smollett’s future after prosecutors dropped charges after police accused the actor of faking a hate crime against himself.
Redd’s Smollett, wearing a “Make America Great Again” hat, claimed in the skit that he was late because he had been attacked again.
He displayed clues about his attackers, including a box of teeth whitening strips, three red Ks, and a Teletubby doll.
In the skit, Redd’s Smollett is fired, but the actor returns to the room claiming he had been attacked again.
- Read more:
- In a new statement, Jussie Smollett’s defense team doubles down on his innocence
- Jussie Smollett’s lawyer suggested that the Nigerian men who claim the actor hired them to stage a hate crime could have been wearing ‘whiteface’
- Trump calls Jussie Smollett escaping charges ‘an embarrassment to our nation,’ says DOJ and FBI will investigate
- How ‘Empire’ star Jussie Smollett went from victim, to suspect, to cleared of all charges after reporting a hate crime